Who would you tell first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you tell first?

When you finally knew that you are not straight, who would you tell first? Are you going to come out immediately to your friends and family? Or would you keep it to yourself?

If I were in that position, I think I won't tell anyone about it immediately. I think I will earn some strength and courage first.

Comment

• daddyslittleG1rl
      daddyslittleG1rl commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the spirit! You should take some time to build up the strength and courage before you can even tell everyone about your gender identity. Remember, do not be pressured.

• NinaMcAdams
      NinaMcAdams commented
      Editing a comment
      So, how long before you would come out and tell to the world that you are not straight? The longer it would be, the longer the agony that you would feel inside.

• DanniMoon
      DanniMoon commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe, soon I am just waiting for something. daddyslittleG1rl

I do think that I will tell my friends first because some of my friends are part of the LGBT community and I am 100% sure that they will understand and accept me immediately.

Comment

• JenniferFray
      JenniferFray commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you ever been in relationship to those lesbian? TastyLove

• TastyLove
      TastyLove commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I only do admire them because there some lesbian are pretty cool. JenniferFray

• JenniferFray
      JenniferFray commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with that. because I’ve seen lesbian out ther and they really seem so cool. TastyLove

I would just keep it to myself. I know that the world is a cold, unforgiving and unwelcoming place. Coming out would be a dangerous and futile act. It is better not to come out in the closet.

Comment

• H3r3foryou
      H3r3foryou commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're in a country that does not accept LGBTQ+ people then I guess you're right. We should at least keep it to ourselves because it would be much safer. Sometimes you cannot trust other people these days.

• PrincessGail
      PrincessGail commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, even in most countries, people are not readily available to accept those non-mainstream genders. You would still feel some discrimination.

• GoobleHipur
      GoobleHipur commented
      Editing a comment
      Some people have gone on this route, and they seem to be just fine. I do not know if coming out would be a relief from the heavy heart of keeping it from themselves.

I would tell it to my mother. I think that of all people, my mother should be the one to know it first before anyone else. I know that she would be able to accept me for being not straight. I need acceptance before I could tell my sexuality to the world.

Comment

• HearAlive
      HearAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand that it is easier to open up with our mothers, but how about to our fathers? I think that we would have some problems opening up with our fathers.

• Amethyst54
      Amethyst54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I agree, we all know that mother is the first person who accepts you of who you are.

• AglowReportsDari
      AglowReportsDari commented
      Editing a comment
      hanesy Yeah, maybe because mothers don't want their children to be pressure.

I would tell it to my best friend. But if I do that one, she might leave me. I had known some people where their friends left them after they had known the true sexuality of their friend.

Comment

• Katherina001
      Katherina001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you might lose some friends. But, in exchange, you would gain new friends. So, I guess that it would equate in the end.

I guess I'd come out to my social media account, I want my social media friends to know about this first so I'd get to see their reactions through the comments down below.

Comment

• VaginalDestruction
      VaginalDestruction commented
      Editing a comment
      You sound like a celebrity there and I'm guessing that you'll be needing to update your gender status as well, lol, kidding aside!

• Skinnylove01
      Skinnylove01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Such a diva thing for you to do, I mean, seriously? Do you have a fan base or something? Yeah, you do seem to sound like an online celebrity and people on your social media must be the first to know about this revelation of yours!

Wait, you took many years before you realized that you are not straight? I believe that you would notice that something is different when you are still a child.

Comment

• AngelsMountain
      AngelsMountain commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not too late to come out, some people would come out at a very old age, but it's still considered as one of the bravest things ever, when you decided to finally come out.

• shumwap
      shumwap commented
      Editing a comment
      AngelsMountain But when you are already old to come out, you had already missed lots of things. It is advisable to come out while you are young.

I think it's best if I'll just keep it to myself first, I'm trying to think of ways about coming out and who exactly the first person who needs to hear about this.

Comment

• Marie25
      Marie25 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good idea. Besides, coming out is not actually very easy. It should need some planning so that nothing will go wrong when you finally give the big revelation.

• scrumptious1
      scrumptious1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. For the mean time, just keep it to yourself. You could have lots of time to think it over before actually coming out. Or you could hide your true sexuality forever.

Mine is different. I would tell it to the person who I like the most. Yes, I would come out to her. I would tell her that I do like her and that I am a lesbian.

Comment

• OreoEater789
      OreoEater789 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder what reaction you'll be receiving from her, and honestly imagining it looks really hot.

• AmazeAlive
      AmazeAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      OreoEater789 Wow you have quite an imagination right there, my friend. Well, too bad that you are not actually part of the scene because she's into girls, not into guys like you lol!

I think it's best if I just keep it to myself first. In that way, I won't receive any judgments. Also, my plan would be to inform those who are close to me regarding my sexuality gradually. I think I'll drop small hints before actually dropping the big revelation.

Comment

• pamela76
      pamela76 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I'll do as well. I need to prepare myself because what I'm about to reveal is a big thing. Also, I will observe first if my friends and family are ready for my announcement.

• hulagirlsexsexyum
      hulagirlsexsexyum commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep it to yourself or not, it is your decisions anyway. As long as no one is pressuring you to come out of your shell then you shouldn't worry about it.

I don't think that there is really a need to tell them about my gender identity. It can already be observed through my actions. So maybe I won't tell anyone and I'll just let them notice it.

Comment

• smilebaby
      smilebaby commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay then, keep them guessing and soon you will just explain to them your true identity right? Sounds okay to me, if that's how you'd like to come out then it's fine.

• Freew0man82
      Freew0man82 commented
      Editing a comment
      AnniePath I think that actions wouldn't be enough to express your true identity towards other people. Maybe you should consider changing your appearance into the slightest touch of your 'coming out' gender and they will know that their hints are true.

I'll tell my parents first because I believe that they deserve to know what has been going on with my life. Plus, I know that they will accept me because I am their daughter after all. I am sure that they will be shocked but it will not come to a point where they will get angry.

Comment

• Tastype
      Tastype commented
      Editing a comment
      A friend of mine came out to her parents and they took it in an easy way, you wanna know what they did? They accepted her, no further explanations at all, nothing! They responded casually like, oh really? Because if it what makes her happy then they're happy for her as well.

• kissmeback
      kissmeback commented
      Editing a comment
      What would be your reactions, if after telling them, they would reply with something like this: "Oh, RachelSiryn, why only now? We have been waiting for you to come out since you were young!"

I think I would tell my dad first, why? My mom is quite scary LOL! I think my dad would be more proud knowing that I am not into boys all this time. He might not even contain it to himself and will immediately inform my mom about it, oh well, goodluck to me LOL!

Comment

• cristel
      cristel commented
      Editing a comment
      Yikes! That was an unexpected turn of events, lol. Your dad must be so proud that you're not into boys, but I do not know how your mom will react to it if she finds out, so, good luck. Much, much luck is all you need lol!

I think I would keep to myself first until I'm ready to tell it to someone I truly trust
    not all secrets are meant to be shared right away it does not matter if you, yourself
    is not ready for the consequences of the said fact that you are part of the LGBT

Comment

• MikeInShiningArmor
      MikeInShiningArmor commented
      Editing a comment
      for me, I would also keep to myself first cause being ready to face the world
      with our gender in front is difficult and really a heavy responsibility it may seem
      fun to share with the people you are close with but always be careful

• elatederic
      elatederic commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with "mike" cause even in this time of day people discriminate gay people
      a lot of people are still very wary and hateful towards our community that's why
      if your nit ready mentally and physically I suggest that you keep it to yourself first
Working...
X