the embarrassed new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the embarrassed new guy

I'm gonna strait out say it, I'm 41 and i am a Virgin still.. you may ask why; well while growing up had a year younger sister who had more girl friends and I don't really know why but I was always felt intimidated around her friends and it stayed with me all the way through high school. After that I developed a social anxiety and until recently I could not ever get the nerve to even talk to the ladies.
    Last edited by rtekrt; 07-07-2019, 01:10 AM.

Welcome to the forum brother,, I think you will find the people here are friendly and helpful about answering questions and giving advice

Comment

• DanniMoon
      DanniMoon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. I love how the community have taught me something lately.

How about when it comes to chatting or texting women? Do you have problems with that or it's only when it's face to face encounters

Comment

• MoiraClay
      MoiraClay commented
      Editing a comment
      If he can handle a thread like this and also showing his face, I wonder what part of it is he having a trouble with.

Maybe chatting with us here can be a good start for you when it comes to talking with ladies

Comment

• JoeyBaby
      JoeyBaby commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. Really a good guy. Hope he finds someone soon.

• MikeInShiningArmor
      MikeInShiningArmor commented
      Editing a comment
      But his problem is face to face. This really not help at all, aside from confidence boost.

• Airglax
      Airglax commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a good idea. He could start from here and start building confidence. He needs to participate more and more and before he knows it, confidence has already been developed.

Funny how there is a movie about your situation. Maybe you can watch for some pointers

Comment

• Movievestre
      Movievestre commented
      Editing a comment
      What is the title of the movie that you are referring to? Do they have similar cases?

Comment

• iwantsexnowplease
      iwantsexnowplease commented
      Editing a comment
      That sort of thing is easier said that done. It is like telling a person who's depressed to think of happy thoughts and try to smile so that they would feel better

I don't see any problem really. Maybe you just need to go out and don't listen to your anxiety for once.

Comment

• SupaPussy789
      SupaPussy789 commented
      Editing a comment
      But what if that anxiety is already yelling at you and unable to listen to anything else?

• PennyTration
      PennyTration commented
      Editing a comment
      This really is the case most of the time. You can't really apply calm thinking at these times.

Originally posted by antitrump View Post
    How about when it comes to chatting or texting women? Do you have problems with that or it's only when it's face to face encounters
    Its the face to face encounters i have trouble with
    I was talking with a therapist for a while and he helped me out of the anxiety shell

Comment

• Airglax
      Airglax commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know that you've taken steps in overcoming your anxiety

• shumwap
      shumwap commented
      Editing a comment
      A good therapist should already walked you through your problem. But can I ask what your therapist thinks about this?

Did your sister hangout with the cool kids? Because if she did, that can be one of the reasons why you felt intimidated by them

Comment

• lovestudder
      lovestudder commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder why he felt intimidated. Those were just young girls.

All this just boils down to practice and exposure. That what I think, at least.

Comment

• Damitboy45
      Damitboy45 commented
      Editing a comment
      Practice makes perfection is what I have always heard

Originally posted by melaniamania View Post
    Did your sister hangout with the cool kids? Because if she did, that can be one of the reasons why you felt intimidated by them
    I felt some were cool and I was a nerd/geek in school

Comment

• punkchick
      punkchick commented
      Editing a comment
      That can really be a problem if your sibling hangouts with cool kids and you know that you don't fit the type

Did you happen to know the reasons why you got intimidated with your sister's friends?

Comment

Now that you are older, have you tried asking some women and going for dates?

Comment

• PennyTration
        PennyTration commented
        Editing a comment
        He is still fine at that part. Just the up close and personal that gets him.

actually been writing to someone now, she's studying to become a Nurse.

Comment

• hulagirlsexsexyum
        hulagirlsexsexyum commented
        Editing a comment
        She is still in school. I guess she is about half your age?

• sexsexgirlnowme
        sexsexgirlnowme commented
        Editing a comment
        I could never become a nurse. I am afraid to handle blood. My body just trembles whenever I see bloody cuts.

• HearAlive
        HearAlive commented
        Editing a comment
        sexsexgirlnowme Being a nurse is not just all about blood. They do something else too.

Ok just started to read "Ready Player One" and there was a section that stated exactly how I see women even today, "To me, they were like some exotic alien species, both beautiful and terrifying--Wade Watts" but I'd lean more to the beautiful side of that

Comment

Working...
      X