The Pretender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pretender

Has any of you been with or know a person who was a complete fraud? Like they would say that they've visited certain countries, owns their own businesses, etc...

I used to have a roommate who was like that. He was obviously trying to keep up with the lifestyle of his friends that he ended up having a shit ton of debt.

Comment

• Blockro
      Blockro commented
      Editing a comment
      How is he now? Does he still try to have an extravagant lifestyle or he has stopped doing it?

• VaginalDestruction
      VaginalDestruction commented
      Editing a comment
      Blockro I don't know about his current situation now as we were no longer roommates for a long time, but the time I left, he is in so much debt.

• Blockro
      Blockro commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet you find him arrogant. VaginalDestruction

I've dated a person before and told me he was a travel blogger and roams all over the world and knows all the delicious foods of each country but in reality, he only watches videos and photoshops himself in those countries.

Comment

• FedoraTheExplora
      FedoraTheExplora commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you find out that he just photoshops himself in pictures that are taken from certain countries?

Been with a guy who told me he owns a business and has a lot of money but he didn't have money to pay our bills and he also ghosted me.

Comment

• RachelSiryn
      RachelSiryn commented
      Editing a comment
      Did he ever tell you what business he has? so you can visit him if it's true.

Not a guy that I dated, but it was a guy that I went to high school with. When I attended our reunion he bragged about the businesses and properties that he owned. A few weeks later, I found out that he filed for bankruptcy a few days before our reunion.

Comment

• TickleMyTesla
      TickleMyTesla commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that's just fine at least he wasn't a scammer or something terrible.

• DilDoDabbins
      DilDoDabbins commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it could be worse if he is a scammer. TickleMyTesla

If you want to know whether the guy is a liar or not. If he tells you that he owns a business, try and ask him what kind of business he owns.

Comment

• daddyslittleG1rl
      daddyslittleG1rl commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure that will work if the person that you're talking to is a professional con-man.

• elatederic
      elatederic commented
      Editing a comment
      daddyslittleG1rl there is a tell that they're a conman. You just have to know what it is.

I was once asked out by a guy that I didn't know does multilevel marketing. He was showing off the cars that he "owns" the places that he's been going to, etc...

Comment

• BunnyPeachShang
      BunnyPeachShang commented
      Editing a comment
      Does he actually owns those cars and been through different places in the world?

• Softandwet
      Softandwet commented
      Editing a comment
      SupaPussy789 that is probably his motive in showing me those cars hoping that I'll be eager to join in their business. BunnyPeachShang nah, I don't think he owns all of them for all I know some them could be just props.

• Alivens
      Alivens commented
      Editing a comment
      So how many times does that guy ask you out?

I don't know why people do this certain kind of thing that will only affect his reputation if he keeps on bragging something that he doesn't own or have?

Comment

• Jansa90
      Jansa90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did your date lie about something that made you believe him? Or did you lied about something on your dates or partners?

• GraceJEAN
      GraceJEAN commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe it's his profession anyway to lie his way out of success so he will look great and extraordinary.

I only know someone who lied about his status and told me his single but I have found his real profile and he has a wife and kids.

Comment

• pamela76
      pamela76 commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you find his real profile? Did you stalk him so you can arrive with an answer about your date?

Been with a girl who told me his father is a cop so I won't think about bedding her lol. She admitted that it was a lie since she wants to be safe if she doesn't trust the guy.

Comment

• Amethyst54
      Amethyst54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does it mean that she trusts you already since she admitted that she lied? I still hope you bed her lol.

• Airglax
      Airglax commented
      Editing a comment
      So what's the job of her dad? Were you able to find out what it is or you broke up with her because of it?

I had a friend who dated a guy who told her that his rich. Found out later that the place that he says that is owned by his parents is the house that he was house sitting for.

Comment

• Teanett
      Teanett commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you find out that he was only house sitting his so-called house?

• Movievestre
      Movievestre commented
      Editing a comment
      A Lot of people told me that, even his friends. Teanett

• Teanett
      Teanett commented
      Editing a comment
      Really? I think that is really true. Movievestre

I worked with a guy before who used a different name or an alias because he was a scam artist. He would ask different people to lend him money and after a month or two he would leave and move to another city and start all over.

Comment

• AirAngelsAmaze
      AirAngelsAmaze commented
      Editing a comment
      There is one person who knew him before, she said that he will scam people then he will fade away.

• InsightChic
      InsightChic commented
      Editing a comment
      AirAngelsAmaze Really? like he will offer you something and he will get your money then he will just disappear?

• AirAngelsAmaze
      AirAngelsAmaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, and that is totally ridiculous! InsightChic

I once had a roommate whose dad was a con man. According to her they once moved to three different states in a single year because of his "business".

Comment

• Saltinte
      Saltinte commented
      Editing a comment
      Was her dad still doing it when the two of you met or he was laying low already?

• SaltBabyFlavor
      SaltBabyFlavor commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know, after she left the dorm I didn't have any news on her. Saltinte

I have a friend way back in college she was transferee actually, and she kept flexing her photos that she traveled to the other countries and we found out that she is gold digger, she had a sugar daddy actually her old friends told us that. But we don’t care, it's her life btw.

Comment

• DanniMoon
      DanniMoon commented
      Editing a comment
      JoeyBaby our friend didn't do that to us, it was the opposite as she would always buys the food when we're going out. lol.

• JoeyBaby
      JoeyBaby commented
      Editing a comment
      Your friend is a rich kid ithen. I hope I have like that kind of friend,lol DanniMoon

• TickleMyTesla
      TickleMyTesla commented
      Editing a comment
      I really hoped she saved some money for her from the allowances she got from her sugar daddy. it's hard to maintain their lifestyle. they are so used to luxury DanniMoon
Working...
X