Don't be too hard on yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be too hard on yourself

I have a close friend who is always the dumpee in a relationship. She was devastated by the time her second boyfriend left her. I never knew why her relationships never worked. She's nice, sensitive, and smart but I don't get why guys would treat her poorly. But now, she's happily married to a successful entrepreneur and they're expecting to have a baby girl. I remember the times I would always come up to meet her and cheer her up because she thinks that no one's going to take her seriously. She even tried ending her life a couple of times but she never succeeded. If something is holding us back in life, it means that things are about to happen. It will surely surprise us even if we're not prepared for it. Things got better for her and I'm happy that she finally has her life altogether.

I was dumped just last month. In just a few days now, I'm still doing fine. My work, my family and friends supported me through. I told myself that I should focus on myself more and now I'm much more happy being single. If things never go as planned, I just think that maybe it's not for me and good things are just about to come.

Comment

• JenniferFray
      JenniferFray commented
      Editing a comment
      How long did the relationship last? If it's a short one, then it would take you less amount of time to recover from the relationship

• melaniamania
      melaniamania commented
      Editing a comment
      BlackmanAndRobbin I did not know his real reason. He said that he was no longer happy with the relationship and that we needed to end it already.

• melaniamania
      melaniamania commented
      Editing a comment
      JenniferFray It was a short lived relationship. Still, I thought we would last for a long time but I wrong again.

Well, good for her as she had a happy life in the end. Not all people would end up like her as others would be successful with their suicides.

Comment

• lovestudder
      lovestudder commented
      Editing a comment
      Suicide is a serious topic. If you ever have friends who are suffering from it, they should seek serious help. And I agree with you that most people would literally end themselves.

I am curious with her methods of ending her life. What did she do?

Comment

• AlysaBdN
      AlysaBdN commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that's a very personal question already. And why are you curious about that one?

• Movievestre
      Movievestre commented
      Editing a comment
      AlysaBdN Yes, a personal question. But I was also intrigued as she said that her friend attempted multiple times already to no avail. Her methods might not be that effective.

I guess I kinda feel her pain when it comes to other people. They will treat you like shit and would never care about how you feel. Luckily, she got up back her feet and it took her to where she is now.

Comment

• SaltBabyFlavor
      SaltBabyFlavor commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL. Of course, the world is a harsh world but we need to survive.

• 1nytstand
      1nytstand commented
      Editing a comment
      How many times that sort of thing happened to you?

The traits that you've mentioned might be the same things that make her previous exes have dump her

Comment

• JoeyBaby
      JoeyBaby commented
      Editing a comment
      That's possible considering that she's both sensitive and smart. Not sure about her being nice

• RachelSiryn
      RachelSiryn commented
      Editing a comment
      JoeyBaby are you thinking that she would often be offended or hurt because of her sensitivity?

We shouldn't be too hard on ourselves. We everyone is against you, the only person who can pick you up is YOU.

Comment

• jackass
      jackass commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you felt that everyone was against you? And how long did it take before you recovered from it?
Working...
X