Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who prefers private messaging over the chat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who prefers private messaging over the chat?

It's been a week since I joined SexSearch and it's been great so far. I see that so many people are on the chat, but I personally prefer private messaging. I just wanted to see what others prefer. It depends on the person for sure but I just want to see if I'm wasting my time or if there are many who feel the same way.

I have to disagree with you. I think the chat offers so many advantages over private messaging. First of all, it's way more interactive than sending a PM. You can respond instantly and there's a nice flow which is just like a conversation. When you private message someone, you may have to wait hours or even days to get a response. There's no flow to that communication. That's why I prefer the chat. You can get to know someone and take that relationship to the next level sooner with it.

Comment

Private messaging takes way 2 long!! I don't knw how I can wait around to get a reply from a guy for hours. That's just way 2 much time. With the chat, you can get a lot more done within such a short span of time. It's the ideal mode of communication fr online dating in my experience along with the video chat.

Comment

I get what you mean. However for me personally, the chat moves way too fast. Sometimes I just don't have the time to come up with a thoughtful response. That's why I like private messaging because I have ample time to write a good response knowing that the other person is waiting restlessly on the other end. I have tried the sex chat on this site a couple of times, but I thought that I could have done way better if I have used private messaging instead. I think the younger generations are more used to instant messaging so I'm sure they are more comfortable with it.

Comment

@JanetWalker I think it's just that older people are not used to communicating with a stranger so quickly or it's just that they have communicated using emails or even letters for a very long time and instant messaging is way too fast. I have the same problem as you're having, but I'm not giving up. I use the chat, because it's easy to talk to someone and you're more likely to get a response on the chat when compared to a private message.

Comment

I like the sex chat on this site, because a simple Hi can go a long way. I don't use private messaging at all unless the person I want to talk to is offline. You can meet more people on the chat compared to private messaging. I sometimes get private messages that I read and think about before I reply. Most of those messages are not replied to. However on the chat, I feel more obliged to respond to a simple Hi. It's like someone said hi to you on the street.

Comment

I feel that the younger generations more comfortable with instant messaging as well as video messaging. Older men and women might not feel comfortable using those features. PMs are just like emails, so that's something they are used to, so it doesn't come to me as a surprise.

Comment

I agree with you guys, but I think it's not only about the generation that the person is from, but also the way he or she does things. I'm sure that there are older people who are very good at instant or video messaging. I'm sure that there are younger people who prefer private messaging. So it's not just about the age. I think it has a lot to do with the way that particular person communicates with other or how fast they prefer to do it.

Comment

I think Janet is right. It's not all about the generation that you come from. I come from a generation that's very much familiar or even grew up with all kinds of instant messaging. My generation hardly use emails unless it's something official. However, I'm one of those people who prefers an email over a text message or a PM over a hello through instant messaging on the internet. That's has nothing to do with my age, but the speed at which I prefer to communicate.

Comment

Working...
                  X