Communication in bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication in bed

I recently hooked up with a man who tried a few things that I didn't really like when we were having sex. We never spoke about preferences when we were getting to know each other which I think was a mistake to begin with. Anyway, we ended up having sex and it was going great until he tried something that I don't do. I didn't want to spoil the moment, but I was frozen for a moment thinking how I was going to relay my message. I ended up gently saying that I didn't like to do that particular thing and he stopped straight away. I just wanted to see if others have got themselves into similar situations and the best way to respond in such a situation.

Having casual conversations about preferences when you're getting to know someone is the best way to avoid such incidents. It usually kinda weird when you have to stop someone when you're in the middle of having sex! But you don't have a choice there anyway.

Comment

You've mentioned it in your comment and as LauraEbony has also mentioned, finding out before you hook up with a person is the trick. Different people like different stuff when it comes to sex, so you got to be careful. I also feel that there's no need to worry about stopping someone from doing something that you're not into. I mean it's better than just letting them go ahead with whatever they're doing. So politely asking them to stop or moving on to something else would be the ideal way to overcome a situation like that. It's happened to me a few times in the past and I must give credit to the ladies who were involved. They handled those situations well without making things weird which is the key.

Comment

@JackRussel yeah exactly! I just don't want to make the other person feel strange when I stop them from doing something I mean I would naturally be kinda embarrassed if someone stopped me in the middle of having sex for something like that.

Comment

There are certain things that some men like that I don't do and I make sure that they know about those things when I'm getting to know them on sexsearch. All the men I've met on here have been understanding about such things and I've never had to stop anyone in the middle of having sex. As you have mentioned, it's a communication problem more than anything and I think you can avoid all that trouble by having a chat about things that you don't like to do and finding out the other person's preferences.

Comment

@BritishSamantha very true. I'm going to make sure that I have a little chat about these things in the future before I hook up with men

Comment

Working...
            X