Providing way too much info on the profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providing way too much info on the profile

I've been going through some profiles of men who have got in touch with me and some of them are just way too long. I feel that there's no need to stuff your profile up with way too much information. I mean, there has to be some accurate information about your personality, likes/dislikes and interests, but going on and on about the same stuff makes people skim through and lose interest. I've seen quite a few profiles where they could have easily written the same stuff using half of those words. I just decided to skip those to be honest. I think summarizing what you put up on your profile would help both yourself and anyone who's viewing it.

@Rachelle L u make a very good point. I also hv seen many profiles like that. I thnk if people took half an hr going through what they hv written and tried to shorten things up, they'd fix this prblm.

Comment

I think some people know very well about the part that the profile plays on sites like SexSearch and they sometimes get a bit carried away when they write about themselves on their profile. It has to be the right balance between not providing enough information vs writing way too much. I've seen a few profiles of both the kinds and I'm sure that those profiles aren't that appealing.

Comment

This is a very important discussion in my opinion and I think most people need some level of guidance when it comes to creating their best profile. Some would argue that the profile on sexsearch is pretty simple and that people don't really need help with it. While I agree that it's simple, most people still struggle when it comes to putting up the right details on it. You can find profiles like that very easily on the site. I wish there were some guidelines or examples for newer members to follow regarding profiles. That would set the standards and make it easy for everyone. I have wasted a lot of time on profiles with way too much text and all that time could have been saved if they were summarized.

Comment

That's so true. I think newer members do need some guidance with the creation of the profile. Especially people who are new to online dating. I struggled with the whole thing when I was new too.

Comment

Working...
          X