Knock at the Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knock at the Door

One time, I made the mistake and put my local address in my profile. At the time, I was so naive and didn't see anything wrong with it. I was young and dumb, you would probably say. Lo and behold, this dude did not even message me or link up with me, but appeared at my door. I lie not. I was so surprised when I heard the knock at the door. I was not expecting anyone and I did not even know who the person was when I opened the door. I did not let him in, though and went outside to talk to him, only to find out that he had gotten the address from my dating profile. I asked him to leave and I went inside and immediately took down my address from my profile. I would never do that again. I would not advise anyone to do it either. I learned firsthand.

Putting your address on a profile is a no no! You did good by taking it down after that dumb dude left. He could have hurt you though. You are lucky he did not stalk you afterwards. Thank heavens it ended well.

Comment

I am glad you are OK too. That was risky and naive for real. But you handled it well by not letting him inside your home. He could have come to hurt you physically. Never put an address or phone number on any profile. So many stupid people are prowling the Internet looking for ways to hurt innocent people like you. Turned out OK though.

Comment

Yes, it was a good move to speak to him outside and go right away to change your profile so that no one else can come to your home. You got lucky this time, but now you know never to do that and warning others by sharing your experience. Thanks for sharing. We appreciate things like that here!

Comment

You were brave to even open the door for this stranger. You should have talked to him behind the closed door. Anyway, I am happy that the scum bag did not hurt you. Why would someone show up at your house unannounced if he was up to something good? He wasn't. But, his plan didn't work cause you told him to leave and went inside and change your profile. He wasn't expecting that reaction. Good for you!

Comment

Yes, you are lucky for real that the idiot didn't try something foolish. He came to your house for a specific reason. The fact that he didn't let you know tells a lot about his intentions. I am also glad you made the changes to protect yourself.

Comment

That knock at the door could have been avoided, but for one address that you put on your profile. Love the outcome though cause it could have worked out differently.

Comment

I agree with you all. I shared my story so I can help someone else who is naive like I was. Never put your address on your profile because there are some idiots out there that take it like you want them to show up at your house. I am so glad that I am OK. That was a close call. Thanks everyone for your comments!

Comment

Wow yeah that is very unsafe thing to do on the internet girl!! Never put your address or phone number up online unless its a business.

Comment

• Alivens
                    Alivens commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Forumever Lesson learned you should not put something personal especially if you don't have any idea of it.

Or you don't mind random dick pics

Comment

Whoah, that's really scary. Good thing you put it down immediately and you got off safely, who knows what kind of people might have seen those. It's always better to be careful when posting something because it could be traced back to you.

Comment

At least you've learned a lot with your experience.

Comment

• TickleMyTesla
                        TickleMyTesla commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, I think that's the dumbest thing she ever did. ,lol. I wonder if they crossed their path again.

I am hoping that won't happen to me again, I was so scared that time.

Comment

Working...
                      X