Requesting Profile Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Profile Review

Hey everybody! What's up? I have been a member on this site now for a couple of months. I have tried to do my best to maneuver myself around this site playing the numbers game by sending out as many messages as possible (getting people to know that I have noticed their profile, read it and I mention at least one interest and I try to ask questions about that interest), but still I have not gotten much replies or gotten much profile views and I don't understand why. I get it that it is easy being a girl searching for a hookup on a dating site. I know that some girls know how to do it right and end up getting as many as 20 messages each day. I want to know how they do this and how I can make my profile more visible. P.S. I am a college student and it is hard to meet other girls here (I am a lesbian), but I have a problem with approaching these girls and so I decided to try online dating as an alternative. But, I am new at this and need help.

For any profile, you need a full body shot that is clean and prominent. You could do some elaboration on your profile description, telling about your hobby and interest, but also what you are looking from any hookups that may take place. If you are not getting enough profile reviews, the problem could be in your first message. What kind of message are you sending to these people you say you send messages to. Do you mind sharing that?

Comment

My first message is introducing myself and letting the person know that I seen their profile, like what I see and I mention the interest that I noticed and ask to know more about it.

Comment

No disrespect, but I don't think I believe you because an attractive person like you should be getting hits to your profile. Why not try to use a profile picture with you smiling.

Comment

Personally I think that the approach you take could turn off or scare some people away. Some people might think you are mental and just try to avoid you at all cost. You don't have to make things so serious. Instead of approaching with the person's interest, just send a cool message like how you doing, love your profile description and would like to know more about you, if you are up to it. Simple. You don't have to be all collegiate and all. If you want results, make the interaction easy and simple.

Comment

I looked at your profile and one positive thing is the humor you use. It is worth a chuckle or two and will get noticed by someone who doesn't mind a little humor. Your head shot is good, but you need to have a pleasant disposition and you don't. Take a new pic where you are smiling. Forget about the selfie. Let someone take the picture for you. Make your description easy to read and simpler than the big words. You don't want someone to be grabbing a dictionary just to understand where you are coming from. Include more humor and this could be the way to an open door of more possibilities.

Comment

It is best to keep the message simple and don't feel bad if someone doesn't reply or replies with some snark. It is on them and not you. Your profile is good, but as everyone says, use a photo where you are smiling and send short messages the first time so you can receive short responses and be yourself.

Comment

Thank you all for your thoughtful words! I will try and get a full body shot that is more clear and clean. I am not good at taking selfies though. So I may have to ask a girlfriend of mine to take the pic. I am not photogenic either so that is going to be a challenge. I have my work cut out for me, but I got to do it, right? 😜

Comment

Working...
                X