LGBT specific dating sites vs general ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LGBT specific dating sites vs general ones

Not that I don't like being on SexSearch, but I was thinking the other day how effective things would be if there was a similar LGBT specific site. It would be so easy to get to know since you've got people with similar interests in one place. On the other hand, it's more fun to be on a general dating site too with a good LGBT presence. I've made a few straight friends on this site too, so I can't say that this site is bad.

I like that idea. I think there are already sites like that, but it's not easy to bring a site to a level that SexSearch is in right now. It takes a lot of money, time and effort. Most adult dating sites out there are having a bad time even after investing a lot of money in themselves and after being there for quite some time. So I'm sure that it's not that easy to get to this level.

Comment

Personally, I prefer the whole setup that we have on SexSearch because I get to see the whole world thanks to this site. I was someone who was limited to my circles of LGBT friends, so it was tough for me to relate to my straight friends and family at times. Being on this site, I've been able to get to know a few straight people too which is great. I only realized after spending some time here that I should never limit myself to the LGBT community. It would be a stupid thing to do.

Comment

You guys make some very good points. I agree with both of you. It won't be easy trying to get a site developed and bring it to this level. I can see the amount of work that these guys are putting in to SexSearch. Plus there are so many struggling adult dating sites out there, so I'm sure that the magic formula is pretty complicated in this industry. @LucasPink I totally agree with you. I do value being able to be a part of the whole world outside of the LGBT community. I didn't mean it that way when I created this post. I was looking at things from an angle which focused more on efficiency.

Comment

I'm sure it would be very efficient if you got a site that's only for LGBT members. I've seen adult dating sites like that, but the only problem is that they don't work!

Comment

Working...
          X