How to disclose that I am a gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disclose that I am a gay

My parents are strict like very very very strict and I`m more on the liberal side and now I`m too drained from hiding this from my parents that I`m gayyyy! Tell me ways, share your experiences where you guys came out of the closet. Trust me it`s very tiring faking a relation with girls and being dumped by them cause well my dick really doesn`t respond to their body. What can I do if I`m an ass and dick guy and not a boobs or vagina person. This is really having a toll on me and honestly I just wanna scream and shout and tell the world that yes I`m GAY! But over here the world ain`t the issue, my parents are. Help a scared guy here

Its unfortunate that in this day and age your parents still won't accept you. I'm sorry that you have to hide your identity from the two people who are supposed to love you the most. You're the only one who would know your relationship with your parents the best. If they are easy to talk to then slowly bring up the subject about LGBT. Explain to them what it is. Debate with them. Try to take them to pride events in your area. Show them videos/documentaries or movies about LGBT if they are up for it. Make that discussion a part of your daily life. Bring it up slowly and then take it up a notch. See their reaction to it. Then try to make them understand and hopefully, that will change their reaction to it. Introduce them to gay friends so they can see and understand that we're all just humans at the end of the day and test the waters by telling them about a "friend" who's gay and wants to come out and see what their reaction is. If it changes even a little bit then take the risk and tell them. Hopefully, they will accept you for who you are. But if that doesn't work and they get angry or upset then move out and make your own life. Keep minimum contact with your parents then and live your life freely. Just be happy and content.

Comment

I feel your pain. I’ve been hiding my sexuality from everyone since as long as I can remember. When I was a kid, I thought there was something wrong with me but now that I know what’s “wrong” and I really can’t help it I just have to accept it. There’s no way I can tell this to my parents. No matter how chill they think they are, they will never truly understand me. It’ll also get really awkward hanging out with my guy friends even though I’m not attracted to any one of them. I really wish I could muster the courage to tell them though, so that they can eventually get used to it.

Comment

I think I’m bisexual and I can’t imagine how my friends or parents would react if they found out. I’ve just suppressed my feelings but deep down I know they’re still there.

Comment

Ah man, that sounds really unfortunate. I don’t know what the dynamics of your life are so I can’t know for sure, but coming out always helps. It’s probably not good for your mental health to keep it suppressed. At the end of the day, it’s your life. You have control over it. If you’re attracted to men, go on and enjoy them. Don’t let the backward minded society stop you.

Comment

Everything comes down to accepting your identity and who you are. All great battles are won in mind first, life's nothing short of a battle either so accept who you are first and tell your parents. If you're still nervous, take some friends, or other people who might understand you in trust and then tell your parents. It might give you more confidence and also some better ways of telling them the inevitable truth.

Comment

Stop pretending to be something you're not - start off by stop dating girls. If it's not something you're into and not something you're comfortable with why are you doing it in the first place? It's not something that's expected of everyone and you don't need to do it. Start off by coming out to your friends. Start telling your female friends first and then tell your guy friends and see how they react. That's gonna give you a heads up. If your parents are really conservative try easing them into it. Don't just blurt out that you're gay but try to tell them that you're really not interested in any girls and see how they respond to that. Tell them you're just not attracted to them and haven't been in a very long time. If they have a warm response try telling them you're gay. Otherwise you just gotta give it time and pretend all those guys are just your bros. good luck!!

Comment

Working...
              X