Detransition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detransition

To those who have friends in the LGBTQ community, have you known of someone who detransition? Detransition is the reversal of gender transition. Was asking about it since I came upon this article a few days ago
    Caught between the transgender movement and the transphobic right, detransitioning people are struggling to find their place in a divided world.

I never knew that there is such a thing. I feel bad to those who are undergoing that process and hopefully they can go back to their original gender without any problems

Comment

• SaltBabyFlavor
      SaltBabyFlavor commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really sure that's an easy thing to do especially if they've almost done with their hormone therapies

I guess the main root of the problem is the society why some of the trans wanted to detransition.

Comment

• AnniePath
      AnniePath commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you saying that we should blame ourselves for forcing a person who's transitioning to detransition? Because you're saying that society is to blame for it. And besides, I don't think a person who is transitioning cares what others think.

I really don't know a friend(trans) of mine that wants to detransition but I feel bad for them who wants to detrans because they are accepted in society.

Comment

I've read a story about someone who detransitioned because she was misdiagnosed by her psychiatrist

Comment

• SpoiledTeaTasty
      SpoiledTeaTasty commented
      Editing a comment
      How long was she transitioning before finding out she had a misdiagnosis

Do you have friends who are part of the LGBTQ community that's why you're reading about transition issues?

Comment

• priority23
      priority23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think she does have a friend in LGBTQ.

I think that what needs psychiatrists needs better ways in differentiating between gender and body dysphoria. Because there have been cases were the person ends up being misdiagnosed

Comment

• HearAlive
      HearAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      There's nothing we can really do about it unless they can find major telltale difference between the two

• SandyDempsey
      SandyDempsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really sure how the experts would be able to find a major symptom that would distinguish the two. Since there are certain signs or symptoms that appear in both of them.

I never had a friend like that, all of my trans friends love what they've become.

Comment

• AliveAngels
      AliveAngels commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, they're lucky that they're not able to experience it during their transition stage
Working...
X