Dating my boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating my boss

You know how women dream of their perfect prince charming… Who would come to you on a magnificent white horse just to sweep you off your feet… Yeah, I know that is all bullshit. We women are stupid but recently something magical happened. I was at work and it was a costume party as my boss is a jolly old guy. My colleague dressed up like prince charming and I dressed up like Cinderella. It was all a coincidence and everyone in my office teased me that ‘oh, you both look so good together. You guys are like made for each other.’ I obviously felt shy but did not say a single word. Before leaving the party he came up to me and said ‘it is a small party and I do hear what everyone has been saying. How about you and I go out for dinner right now?’ my heart skipped a beat and I immediately said yes. That night we hooked up and ever since then he has been very nice towards me but he asked me not to tell anyone in the office that we are sort of dating. Is this right or wrong? Does it sound shady or am I over thinking it?

WOW that sounds so cute. It's perfect, you literally found your Prince Charming at a party dressed as Cinderella. My 12 year old self would have been so jealous of you.

Comment

Why would you think it's shady? I think you are over thinking it, unless there's a shady reason for him not wanting to tell anyone.

Comment

It isn't shady at all! Just go with the flow if you like the guy.

Comment

Why doesn't he want anyone at the office to find out? Are there strict rules against dating?

Comment

Hey, at least you don't have to over think about what to role play.

Comment

Don't over think the whole situation. It was all a 'heat in the moment' kind of thing where he saw an opportunity and availed it. One of the reasons that he may not want you to tell the people work is because such behavior is often deemed unethical at work and he might be scared of the consequences. It would be best, however, if you could talk to him about it and ask him to give you a VALID reason. If he says he thinks it's unprofessional it makes sense but if he avoids the question completely or tried to change the topic maybe you should try looking into it a bit more. Good luck to you and your literal Prince Charming!

Comment

That’s completely normal unless he avoids going out into the public with you at all. He might just be avoiding all the teasing in your work place or not want to announce to everyone about a work relationship because it tends to lead to awkwardness or people assuming that he may favor you in work related things and this would adversely affect both your careers. You're completely in the clear if he only refuses to tell your work buddies. If he wants to hide your relationship from everyone then that's a bit shady. Maybe then you should look into this more. Good luck darling.

Comment

Thanks Guys!! I feel so blessed rn.

Comment

Working...
                  X