Not serious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not serious?

If you already have a partner, but you barely think of that person, then what could we infer from that one? Is it safe to say that you are not serious with your partner?

Not really. Maybe, you are just busy with your work. Most people who are focused on their jobs have little time to think of their partners.

Comment

• surfsup
      surfsup commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree on this one, sometimes we need to lay off and think something else besides our partners.

• softheartedgirl
      softheartedgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      But you could still think of your partner even if you are too busy with your work. I could stop for a while to think of him.

• Hugurerbe
      Hugurerbe commented
      Editing a comment
      I think about that too, and yeah maybe you are right. kittycat123

No, you are still serious with him. Not barely thinking of him is not synonymous with not loving him anymore. Those are two different concepts.

Comment

• RachelSiryn
      RachelSiryn commented
      Editing a comment
      I think when you barely think of someone, you already lose hope of continuing the relationship or you just prioritize something else rather than him.

• SaltBabyFlavor
      SaltBabyFlavor commented
      Editing a comment
      How can you say that it is not synonymous with not loving him?

• Hugurerbe
      Hugurerbe commented
      Editing a comment
      demoomed Yeah, you have a point. it doesn't mean I am not barely thinking of him as I am not serious anymore.

I think that there are no longer any sparks on your relationship, so you do not think of him often. If that is the case, then it is like you are no longer serious with him.

Comment

• Houservit
      Houservit commented
      Editing a comment
      Or somebody else is on your mind other than him, many of us get tired when relationship goes dormant then we try to look for somebody else.

• Jansa90
      Jansa90 commented
      Editing a comment
      If there's no spark anymore then try to initiate but if your mind is busy with someone else then that spark doesn't need to be ignited.

Obviously, you are not serious with him. If you are really serious with him, then he should be on your mind very often. He should not just be on your mind, but also on your heart.

Comment

• Alivens
      Alivens commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't you think that it's a little bit tiring to think of him very often? In my case I can still be serious even if I barely think of him

• kissmeback
      kissmeback commented
      Editing a comment
      It's actually quite hard to think of a person that you don't miss too much. It's pretty tiring to think of him very often.

What's the reason why you said yes to him if you are not going to take him seriously? If all you're after from him is sex, might as well told him that you wanted him to be your fuck buddy and not your boyfriend.

Comment

• dagift2womens
      dagift2womens commented
      Editing a comment
      It is possible that she's a serial monogamist that's why she enters into relationships in which she's not serious about it.

• Snugglebear
      Snugglebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Well she might have felt bad for him and thinks that she might learn how to love him that's why she said yes to him.

Yes it is safe to say that you're not really in a relationship with him. I just hope that he knows about it because it is possible that he's giving his all in the relationship and you're doing it half-baked.

Comment

• SpoiledTeaTasty
      SpoiledTeaTasty commented
      Editing a comment
      Not exactly, she just wants to know if you can if she is not serious when she doesn't think about her boyfriends welfare.

• powerJHG
      powerJHG commented
      Editing a comment
      If someone is doing a half-baked attention and love for me, then that is not fair for me. I guess that I would have to ask him if he wanted to have a break up already.

Is there a reason why you didn't take things seriously with him? Just hope that the same thing doesn't happen to you.

Comment

• Aloha91
      Aloha91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe she's tired of the relationship already and just end it quick or don't really care about the guy anymore.

• FedoraTheExplora
      FedoraTheExplora commented
      Editing a comment
      Aloha91 so you're thinking that she fell out of love that's why she started to not take the relationship seriously?

• Aloha91
      Aloha91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, maybe she did not care anymore so that happened. FedoraTheExplora

I feel that the first few relationships that most people had automatically fall under that not serious category. That is based on my own experience and what I've heard from my friends.

Comment

• LiquidAss
      LiquidAss commented
      Editing a comment
      So how old were you when you've had your first serious relationship?

• AmazeAlive
      AmazeAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      LiquidAss probably it was in her teenage years.

Is it just your assumption then? because its more reasonable if actions are involved rather than just thinking about your partner.

Comment

• crzyyouandme
      crzyyouandme commented
      Editing a comment
      It can be her assumption that she isn't serious anymore but I think feelings should be involved to tell more about it.

• TickleMyTesla
      TickleMyTesla commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe she wants her partner to check on her from time to time in order for her to know that he thinks of you even if the two of you are not together.

• JoeyBaby
      JoeyBaby commented
      Editing a comment
      crzyyouandme Maybe she feels that she is not serious because he is not in her mind anymore.

Just because you don't think of your partner that often, it doesn't mean that you're not serious with them. It is possible that you're just prioritizing things. Like when you're at work, your focus is the task at hand. But once you're with him or her they have your full attention.

Comment

• Dianawest
      Dianawest commented
      Editing a comment
      Or maybe she isn't really serious and her little excuse is he is not on her mind anymore.

• independentG
      independentG commented
      Editing a comment
      It's hard if you just focus on him the entire day and you'll get sick to it.

Being in a relationship doesn't mean that you treat your partner as the center of your solar system like the sun. You can place them high in term of your priorities but don't focus your entire time on them.

Comment

• SupaPussy789
      SupaPussy789 commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you want to be treated by your partner? Do you want him to make you the center of his life or you want him to treat you like how you're going to treat him?

• crystalinejoy
      crystalinejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Just think of him when you're getting bored but if the problem is he is the one making you sleep then don't think of him.

Originally posted by Hugurerbe View Post
    Is it safe to say that you are not serious with your partner?
    In my opinion no it is not safe especially if you are keeping it as a secret to your partner. It is better to tell your partner that you are not really serious to avoid hurting yourself or your partner.

Comment

• kizliak
      kizliak commented
      Editing a comment
      That would certainly break their heart if you've told that your not serious, it's better to think the consequence first.

• Hugurerbe
      Hugurerbe commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree that if you told that you're not serious about him then it will hurt him badly but if you prefer to say the truth then say it properly.

Originally posted by kittycat123 View Post
    Not really. Maybe, you are just busy with your work. Most people who are focused on their jobs have little time to think of their partners.
    But there are some who make sure that they're able to spend quality time with them once they're done at work.

Comment

• OreoEater789
      OreoEater789 commented
      Editing a comment
      It only means that they are still in love with their partners and they are their stress relievers.

• motherlove
      motherlove commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! Actually, there are people who do not forget their partners and would catch up having quality time with them. They may not think of them while at work, but they are inside their hearts.

You should not assume immediately that you're not serious because its a matter of feeling. Sometimes we don't think of them because we are just busy with something else.

Comment

• pamela76
      pamela76 commented
      Editing a comment
      Something else like what? Other girls, work, party?

• PieFun
      PieFun commented
      Editing a comment
      pamela76 Maybe she's thinking of those kinds of things who knows what exactly she is thinking.

• cristel
      cristel commented
      Editing a comment
      Right! When we are busy, we focus on the things that we do. It could not be that we think of our loved ones while we concentrate on the current activity that we do.
Working...
X