Difficult comeback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficult comeback

Do you think that being single for too long makes it difficult for you to step back into relationships?

Depends if you've been in an abusive relationship, it will take hard for you to step back into relationships. Developing such trauma will lead you to having trust issues with your future partner which makes it hard for both of you to work things out.

Comment

• daddyslittleG1rl
      daddyslittleG1rl commented
      Editing a comment
      It will never be too hard for someone to handle a person who has been through trauma and abusive relationships. All it takes is baby steps and they will soon be comfortable with each other.

• Jessine05
      Jessine05 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you are right. Most people who had come from traumatic relationships have hard times trusting people and that includes the difficulty to have new relationships.

For me, I think it's not that difficult to come back into relationships. As long as you know some of the techniques that keep a relationship runnin' smooth then you're good to go!

Comment

• crzyyouandme
      crzyyouandme commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I don't think that you might probably forget how things work in a relationship. Although, it might be tough if both of you had been in the same situation, it will make both of you struggle to keep up with having a relationship but it's okay. It takes both of you to work things out, right?

• FedoraTheExplora
      FedoraTheExplora commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, yes, you are right. It is about handling the relationship well. It is still a give and take to make it work. Wait, are there proper techniques to make the relationship work?

• Snugglebear
      Snugglebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Coming back into relationships is not that difficult unless you want to make it difficult, right? You should stay positive about it and just think that sometimes you just deserve another chance to experience love again.

Yes because the transition from being in a relationship to being single is such a major adjustment. If I'm single for so long already, I don't think I am going to be so open about getting into a relationship like I was before.

Comment

• antitrump
      antitrump commented
      Editing a comment
      Such major adjustments would only mean that your partner must understand your situation and he will take things slowly for you. It means he will do whatever it takes to convince you that you are worthy of loving again even if it's difficult for you to come back into the relationship world.

• BunnyPeachShang
      BunnyPeachShang commented
      Editing a comment
      Then maybe you should consider taking a break and if you think you're ready to get back into serious relationships then you should go for it.

Absolutely. Being single for too long makes you get used to being alone. Some already love the feeling of being alone so they most likely do not try to engage themselves in a relationship anymore.

Comment

• elatederic
      elatederic commented
      Editing a comment
      But I'm sure that they still do hookups too, right? I mean they're better with those 'no strings attached' kind of set-ups which makes them better partners since they wouldn't fall in love with you that quickly.

People who are single for too long tend to already give up on love in the sense that they are not hoping that there will come a time wherein they will find someone who will treasure them. That's why they don't exert any effort on finding their special someone.

Comment

• Movievestre
      Movievestre commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds really melancholic and I hope you do not wallow in sadness for too long. I'm sure you will find someone who will treasure you and love you the way you deserve.

• AglowReportsDari
      AglowReportsDari commented
      Editing a comment
      If you had lost the hope that someone would still come, then you had been single for too long. I think that we should not lose hope in hoping that someone would come for us.

Yes. Because maybe you'll be afraid to open up with someone since you are already used to being alone. Also, there is a tendency that you will not know how to handle being in a relationship already.

Comment

• sexsexgirlnowme
      sexsexgirlnowme commented
      Editing a comment
      But, if you had a previous experience, then it would be easier to get back as you already know how it used to be.

• independentG
      independentG commented
      Editing a comment
      sexsexgirlnowme I guess it's not applicable to some people. Of course, if they have been single for long then I guess it's difficult when they're about to enter into serious relationships, versus hooking up or having no strings attached to someone, right? It's like a whole new thing for them again.

It is difficult in a sense that you will be encountering some feelings that you haven't encountered for a long time. I think there will be a sense of being afraid about what might happen and about what you might experience.

Comment

• jackass
      jackass commented
      Editing a comment
      It's like hoping for the best but expecting the worse, too. It's normal to be in love, to experience heartaches, to fall in love again and to get hurt again. Well, experiences makes us human and love makes us human, it's normal to feel difficult or easy to comeback into serious relationships since you've been through a lot.

• hanesy
      hanesy commented
      Editing a comment
      DanniMoon, it means that the person has been through a lot that's why it's so hard for him or her to comeback into serious relationships after those failed relationships. No one deserves that and that's why they have that chance to start things new like being in a more serious relationship/s.

In my opinion, it will not be that difficult if you have always been open to possibilities. If you are single for too long and you want to be in a relationship as soon as possible, then you don't need to have a big adjustment because you might have prepared yourself already.

Comment

• H3r3foryou
      H3r3foryou commented
      Editing a comment
      That's right, JenniferFray! You don't need to be so hard on yourself, just think that you're ready to get back into relationships and everything will turn out fine. Do not overthink things because worrying will lead you to no good.

• Katherina001
      Katherina001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, preparing to have a partner. Alright, sounds fine with me.

Not really. You would be able to catch up easily. It is more difficult if you did not have prior relationship as it would be your first time.

Comment

• VaginalDestruction
      VaginalDestruction commented
      Editing a comment
      It's like starting from zero again, you would be lucky if your partner will be able to handle things then you will surely pick up the pace once you get used to it, right?

• AngelsMountain
      AngelsMountain commented
      Editing a comment
      NinaMcAdams How can we able to catch up easily? Sometimes we'd doubt to even be coming back into those serious relationships, right? It's pretty scary.

• GoobleHipur
      GoobleHipur commented
      Editing a comment
      VaginalDestruction Yes, it is like starting again but it would be easier as you already had other experiences in the past.

Why? What happened that you had become single for so long? Did you lose some affection in dating or something like that?

Comment

• Skinnylove01
      Skinnylove01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Whatever the reason is, sometimes it's hard to get back on track when you feel like a part of you has been lost since you've been badly hurt by your previous relationship/s.

• OreoEater789
      OreoEater789 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Skinnylove01 but let us not be too down after we are badly hurt from a relationship. It happened, it's already been done. We should learn from past experiences and soon we'll be able to get back into having serious relationships.
Working...
X