Are they asking for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they asking for it?

They say that women who wear sexy clothes are often the ones who get harassed. And people say that they are asking for it through wearing sexy clothes. But even those who wear decent clothes get harassed as well. So my question is, do women really ask for it when they wear sexy clothes?

No, women do not ask for it when we wear sexy clothes. In fact, we are not inviting for anything. Good thing that we are living in a civilized world where harassment is punishable.

Comment

• crzyyouandme
      crzyyouandme commented
      Editing a comment
      In this generation, women are liberated and they wear any kind of clothes are they want and some men do not even harass them because it is indeed punishable for harassment. Some places aren't that liberated enough, that's why some men continue to harass women for the clothes they wear which are NOT an invitation.

• Amethyst54
      Amethyst54 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just wish that harassers receive proper punishment for what they did. And I also wish that cases of harassment will be punishable in all areas of the world because I believe that there are still some places wherein harassers get away with what they are doing.

• LiquidAss
      LiquidAss commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would we wear clothes that reveal too much skin if we are not inviting them for something? Some women deliberately wear sexy and revealing clothes to seduce men.

Definitely no. Women can wear whatever they want to wear whether it be sexy clothes or not. And they don't deserve to be harassed just because of how they dress.

Comment

• carzin89
      carzin89 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is true, I do not harass or catcall women because I am a decent man. Some men do not know how to behave even in public places, they act like dogs seeing meat for the first time. It's such a shame on my part as a man.

• BeautifulAglow
      BeautifulAglow commented
      Editing a comment
      carzin89 It's nice to know that there are guys like you who still believe that women deserved to be respected no matter what clothes they wear. I do believe that dogs can behave well than those guys, so it's better if you do not compare those dogs to them ever, lol!

• Clitcomander
      Clitcomander commented
      Editing a comment
      Women who are located in restrictive countries where the clothes cover the entire body still get harassment from men. That could mean that clothes do not contribute to harassment. It is the culture that allows it to happen.

I do not get why women's clothes often become an 'invitation' for predators when it's not. Women in tribes wear less clothing but most men give their utmost respect for those women.

Comment

• AlysaBdN
      AlysaBdN commented
      Editing a comment
      True. As you stated, women in tribes during the past often do not have their tops on and their boobs are even bare in public but still, they don't get harassed. So I guess the problem is in this generation.

• Blockro
      Blockro commented
      Editing a comment
      Those people in tribes are well-mannered than those we considered 'civilized' people. They know the word respect than most men out there. Clothes will NEVER be an invitation for sexual harassment, people think that respect will only depend on how you dress?

• Houservit
      Houservit commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, it depends on the place of those tribes. You could not wear less clothing when all around you are covered in snow.

People who blame the clothes as the reason for harassment have a mindset that needs to be corrected. Clothes are never the reason for harassment because there are many cases wherein girls who are fully clothed and those who are not wearing revealing clothes get harassed too. I do think that the harasser is the one who's at fault.

Comment

• Daisy54
      Daisy54 commented
      Editing a comment
      I do think that the harasser is the one who's at fault.

So, are you saying that the harassed one is the one who is at fault? lol.

• fashiones12
      fashiones12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not only men but other women put the blame on those women who wear revealing clothes as to why they are being harassed. I feel bad for those people who think that way, they think that respect is only given to people who look pleasing in their eyes.

• Jessine05
      Jessine05 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you are right. Clothes do not play any role with it. So what is the reason for the harassment?

The one to be blamed are the perpetrators/harassers and not the clothing of the girls who are their victims.

Comment

• stubbornass
      stubbornass commented
      Editing a comment
      Clothes are just material, why can't we just blame it all on those predators? For they have such dirty imagination, let's not put the blame on the victim, that's just not right.

• powerJHG
      powerJHG commented
      Editing a comment
      It takes two to tango. Both the harasser and the harassed must be blamed.

• Movievestre
      Movievestre commented
      Editing a comment
      Certainly! The perpetrator should be blamed and punished for any harassment that they had done.

Women are not asking to be harassed whenever they wear sexy clothes. They wear those kinds of clothes because that is what they want and no one should care about how they dress. All guys need to know the concept of respect so that they would not dare to harass women who wear revealing clothes.

Comment

• sexsexgirlnowme
      sexsexgirlnowme commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe that some men do not harass other women based on the clothes she wears. It's those men who over sexualize women and think of them as sex objects which they are NOT. I hope that they should be open about how women want to dress in their own comfort.

• motherlove
      motherlove commented
      Editing a comment
      Women who wear jeans and blouse get harassed as well, it's those men and they're dirty intentions that should be blamed for. NO, they are not asking for it, no one is asking to be harassed even if they're wearing decent clothing.

No one wants to be harassed, right? So it is not logical to say that women who wear sexy clothes are asking to be harassed or violated. Harassment is not based on women's clothes. It will always be based on men's mindset.

Comment

• Katherina001
      Katherina001 commented
      Editing a comment
      True. If the guy has the mindset of a harasser and perceives any thing in a sexual way, then whether the girl wears fine clothes or the sexy ones do not matter at all.

Whether we admit it or not, there are some girls who really wear sexy clothes in order for guys to notice them. They do not want to be harassed by men but they definitely want the attention of men.

Comment

• hameroon27
      hameroon27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wearing sexy clothing is noticeable by anyone not only men but yes, they do not want to be harassed because that is different. People sometimes do not know that they are already harassing someone, and that someone is put in an uncomfortable state.

• kissmeback
      kissmeback commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. You said it correctly. Those women want the attention and when they get harassed they cry foul.

Somehow, women who dressed sexily are inviting harrassments. They know that women could be assualted with their overly exposed skins yet they continue to do wear those kinds of clothes.

Comment

No girl, in her sane mind, would want to be harassed. Ever. But then, those sexy clothes could contribute to the increased rate of being harassed as men might get excited over those girls wearing skimpy clothes.

Comment

• Snugglebear
        Snugglebear commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course, who would want to be harassed? No one wants to be harassed in any way. Skimpy clothes might contribute to it, though.
    Working...
    X