Friends who seek for your advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends who seek for your advice

Say that your friend is seeking your advice and you give them your best ones. You're kind of expecting them to heed all of your advice but they really do not. What can you say to those kinds of friends? Are you going to avoid them or just avoid giving them advice?

I think it's best to avoid those kinds of friends, they do not listen to your advice so why be friends with people like that? You've got other friends who can heed to your pieces of advice, so just stick with them instead.

Comment

• Infomarry
      Infomarry commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I often feel the same way when my friends do not heed my advice, I'd just give up and don't talk to them that much. I'll just stick with my other friends or just do any other things to keep myself busy, as usual.

I have friends who are just like that. What I do is that I become patient in giving them advice that they need. I know that they won't internalize and follow the advice that I've given but it's worth trying. And definitely, I won't avoid them. They need someone like me who'll support them in every way possible.

Comment

• shumwap
      shumwap commented
      Editing a comment
      You are such a nice friend. Keep it up for your friends. They need you the most.

I will call them out for it. I'll ask them why they are disregarding my advice. And if this situation persists, I might just refuse to give them an advice when they are asking me to give one. I can't keep on being disregarded, you know.

Comment

• AlysaBdN
      AlysaBdN commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, if a friend keeps on disregarding what we are saying then it would be better for us to just shut up.

• TickleMyTesla
      TickleMyTesla commented
      Editing a comment
      But she does not owe you an explanation. After all, it is she who would have the final decision on what to do with her life.

You could remain as friends as that person is your friend after all. But you should avoid giving advices to her as she would never follow it anyway. She is already old and could think of whatever she wants to do with her life.

Comment

• softheartedgirl
      softheartedgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Ending your friendship is not the best way to solve your situation. It is obvious that your friend needs you because he/she still seeks for your advice. One day, maybe he/she will finally listen to you.

Those kinds of friends are the ungrateful ones. They often seek advice but then they'll just brush off those pieces of advice that's why the efforts of the person who gave those are put to waste. I'll probably avoid those people already. They don't even put attention to me and the advice that I give them.

Comment

• crystalinejoy
      crystalinejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      They're indeed ungrateful and they do not deserve to have a friend like that. They should be thankful that at least someone in their life is concerned about them but NO, they're taking those kinds of people for granted and I wish that in some way they could have at least thought of that. They're such insensitive assholes!

To be a good friend means that you should be there on her side no matter what. That is what a true friendship is all about - understanding. Keep on giving her advices even if she does not heed those advices.

Comment

My friends should not ask for my advices when they do not have plans to follow it. If they do not follow it then I would not provide any advices in the future.

Comment

• DanniMoon
        DanniMoon commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, why need to give them pieces of advice if they're not going to follow it anyway? It's useless! I'd never want to waste my precious time with someone that considers me useless.

Even if I already gave the best advice, it wouldn't matter if my friend doesn't find it appropriate or acceptable. But if that's the case, I guess I'll just have to deal with it, right?

Comment

Friends who do not heed the advices of their friends are simply ingrates. They should not even bother to think about giving advices anymore if those friends would not consider them.

Comment

Those kinds of friends must be left out when it comes to giving advices. Do not waste your time listening to their problems. Also, do not give any advices anymore. Just keep your big mouth shut.

Comment

You should value that friend who still ask for some inputs from you even if she would not use your advices. That could mean that she is gathering inputs from other people and you are lucky that you are that trusted person whom she had thought of asking those advices.

Comment

If my friend is like that, I would confront him/her and ask her if he/she has any plans to think about it at the least. Because if he/she doesn't have any plan, then I am just wasting my time trying to come up for an advice.

Comment

Working...
              X