How to properly breakup with someone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to properly breakup with someone?

I already had several girlfriends in the past and I broke up with them in different ways. However, I still don't know the proper way to break up with someone. Is there a proper way to breakup with someone? Or can you just drop your breakup stories so I can learn a thing or two?

Several girlfriends, huh? You must be so handsome then. Anyway, I do think that the proper way to break up with someone is when you explain well the reason why you are breaking up. In that way, you will leave her with a clear mind.

Comment

• hameroon27
      hameroon27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Finally, someone got it correctly. It is really important to state the reason why someone is breaking up. In this way, the other person is not left in the dark. Both would leave each other with correct information on their minds.

• RachelSiryn
      RachelSiryn commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the reason must be stated clearly. It must be a valid reason, of course. Make sure that the other person must understand it very well and must be accepted. When that happens then you would have a good breakup. A closure had been made.

When breaking up with someone, you have to make sure that it is the right time. Make sure that the girl is not having the worst time of her life during the day that you decided to break up with her. It will surely devastate her if that happens so I guess you have to be sensitive.

Comment

• sexualdepth
      sexualdepth commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right, sometimes guys would come up to her while she's having a bad day at work or she's struggling with her period then they'll have to tell her something that would definitely make her day worst. But I still believe that there's no proper way of breaking up with someone.

• rumdrum
      rumdrum commented
      Editing a comment
      So, how will we know that she is not having a bad day? It might've been having a tough week for her and I think there is no such thing as perfect timing for breaking up with someone. If the other just feels like leaving, then can't they just let them leave? I've been through so many breakups and most of the time, they'd break up with me, without considering that I'm also stressed from work.

I think that there is a song about breakups? The lyrics state something like: "Breakup to me gently..."

So, to answer your query, the song had already answered it. It should be done gently.

Comment

• Hugurerbe
      Hugurerbe commented
      Editing a comment
      How? Is he going to tell it to her through a phone call? Is he going to tell it to her in a relaxing voice? "I'll...be...breaking up...with...you...", then slowly fades out of the scene just like the movies. LOL!

• daddyslittleG1rl
      daddyslittleG1rl commented
      Editing a comment
      Hugurerbe LOL. He could do it like those found on romantic movies. Not all people would be so dramatic.

I do think that there is no one way to break up with someone. It differs per person. But the common thing among all them is that you shouldn't act like you do not care for her already. Even though you are breaking up with her, make her see that you also feel bad about it. Do not act like a jerk just because you are ending things with her.

Comment

• VaginalDestruction
      VaginalDestruction commented
      Editing a comment
      Breaking up with someone is either good or bad, but for whatever reasons it might be, one of them is badly hurt and the other? Well, slightly hurt, but anyway, there's a formal way of breaking up with someone and it's by talking to them calmly about it and making them understand why it has to end that way. But always expect for the worse, the breakup might get messy but it's better if you're the one who must be in control of everything that is happening.

• H3r3foryou
      H3r3foryou commented
      Editing a comment
      But there are jerk men out there. They would just break up with you like nothing in the past had happened. It is as if they never loved you at all. There is no sad feeling that the two of your would be breaking up.

Well, I break up with someone by dumping her and just saying goodbye. Nothing more, nothing less. Because if you engage her with a talk before break up, there's a possibility that she will ask many questions to you and she may even won't agree to break up.

Comment

• PrincessGail
      PrincessGail commented
      Editing a comment
      In other words, breakups are just messy. You don't even have the time to explain the whole situation to your partner because it will lead you both in much more frustration. Even if you try to make it simple, things will get worse, always expect that.

• GoobleHipur
      GoobleHipur commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. You could effect the breakup even if she does not want to agree with the breakup. Of course, you must still state the reason why you would want to leave her up.

I don't know what to say because I haven't tried initiating the break up. My former partners were the ones who initiated the break up.

Comment

• priority23
      priority23 commented
      Editing a comment
      They're full of themselves! Sorry, but why would they even break up with you? You seem to be a nice person, but fuck them, they don't deserve you anyway. You're too kind for them.

• Movievestre
      Movievestre commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that so, Alivens? Well, I guess you're too nice to initiate the breakup that's why they end up dumping you first. And I can tell that you're the one who ends up struggling the most.

The proper way to break up with someone is through having a deep and long conversation with your soon-to-be former partner. Through that, things will be clarified between you two.

Comment

• cutestman
      cutestman commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good way of having a proper closure. As for me, I never had proper closures from my exes, and it makes me feel bad that I'm starting to think that they're holding their grudges on me. Oh, well...most breakups do not end well, that's what I believe in.

• MoiraClay
      MoiraClay commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, you have stated what was on my mind. Yup, a long conversation is needed to clear everything up. It is only when a couple had grasped all the bits and pieces why a breakup is needed should you end it completely.

I remember this girl that I broke up with. Well, I told her that we should talk in our favorite restaurant and there I gently explained to her the reasons why we should break up. Wanna know what she did? She cried like a whale! I don't know what to do that time because people are already looking at us and she's making a scene. Because of embarrassment, I told her sorry and I left money for the bill then walked out of the restaurant. Since then, whenever I break up with someone, I do it in a private space.

Comment

• Softandwet
      Softandwet commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no! That's really embarrassing and I wish that no one would ever do that to me in public because I'm sure that I might even do the ugliest cry that I could ever do. It's best to break up with someone through the phone or via chat because it's what my exes usually do.

• crzyyouandme
      crzyyouandme commented
      Editing a comment
      carzin89 "She cried like a whale!", was that the dying whale noise? Oh my goodness, was she too young? I bet she is, LOL! Poor girl, she cannot handle breakups well. You should be sorry even if you two are officially over, you two caused much drama in public which is really embarrassing.

Originally posted by elatederic View Post
    However, I still don't know the proper way to break up with someone.
    If you do not know how to properly break up, then how did you break up with your ex-girlfriends?

Comment

• AnniePath
      AnniePath commented
      Editing a comment
      I think he ghosted each of them, that way they would understand that it's over between them. He avoided them by blocking any contacts so she will never bother him anymore.

• MikeInShiningArmor
      MikeInShiningArmor commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe he's learned everything from the past that he does not break up with his exes formally, so he's asking us for his help on how to break up with someone properly this time.

Basically, my ex boyfriend's way of breaking up with me is through ghosting. He didn't leave a note or anything. I am not even aware that we broke up already not until his friends told me that that's what he's been saying to people. I believe that this is the worst way to break up with someone and the best way is to talk to him/her properly.

Comment

• crystalinejoy
      crystalinejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      What a jerk! He doesn't have the balls to properly break up with you. Lol, I bet he also doesn't have enough balls to make you scream in bed.

• Skinnylove01
      Skinnylove01 commented
      Editing a comment
      He's really so full of himself. He left you hanging and he even had the guts to tell people about your breakup. That is truly the worst way and if I underwent that, I won't probably get over it soon.

• MoiraClay
      MoiraClay commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha. That is like you were left in the dark. It would be painful when you had learned that you were already ghosted by your ex-boyfriend.

Proper way? It's through talking in person. But if you don't feel like doing that, you can just send a message saying that you can't continue the relationship anymore and the reasons behind that.

Comment

• Jasssa87
      Jasssa87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Breaking up through a message? Do you consider that proper? Well it is if you're a real bitch. For me, the people who does what you are suggesting are the cowards. I do believe that breakups should be done in person.

• AlysaBdN
      AlysaBdN commented
      Editing a comment
      So, can you at least suggest a nice place for you to talk to that person when you're planning to break up with him? Because I can imagine that it will not end well if you two did this in public, you two might cause a lot of drama and that's inevitable.

• hanesy
      hanesy commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't agree. Breaking up with someone using a message is a jerk move. You should do it in person.

I usually break up through giving out letters that contain everything. What I do is that I ask them to meetup with me then I'll give out the letters and say goodbye. That's it. No more crying, no more drama.

Comment

• Jansa90
      Jansa90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, I'd never thought that someone like you seems to be old-schooled. Sorry, but a handwritten letter? Wow, you must've put a lot of effort into it, and I could imagine that they'll just burn it right away after reading it.

• ruby78
      ruby78 commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt that they're ever going to read those letters, it's because they already know what it contains and it will just make them feel bad if they're going to read all through it.

• powerJHG
      powerJHG commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you seriously going to write a letter? You are a romantic girl, aren't you? I guess you must really love your exes. Well, I wouldn't do anything like that, I would just say goodbye and then we're done.
Working...
X