Lonely and Disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonely and Disappointed

I am so lonely and don't have much relatives living here since I located. I have gone on dates and done all of that, but have yet to find someone that is fun, funny, exciting and will just quench my loneliness. Since my husband died, it's been like this. I don't know what to do at this point. I just hate the idea of going through date after date; only to be disappointed and sad all over again. What do I do about this? Can someone tell me? No longer have the patience go to through so many dates and not find anyone like what I want.

Don't worry. Just hang in there and you will find someone. It does take patience because you have to get to know someone before you can trust them and so, you have to ask a lot of questions and see which person meets your specific needs. It is not too hard. Just need patience.

Comment

I agree that patience is very important. When I first start out, I didn't know what to do or how to go about it. I hung out in forums, but I don't think I did that for long. I found a potential match on a dating forum and we talked back and forth, but one thing I did wrong was to invite the person to my home. OMG! Never do that. He was like a stalker after I cut it off. So there are some things you should do and some things you shouldn't do and patience will help you get there. So don't give up yet.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your husband. Sometimes when you live with someone for a while and they ain't there anymore, you tend to want to compare everybody else with that person, especially if your husband was a good man and it sounds like it. But you should never do that. Come to the dating forum with a clean slate or you are gonna meet some ppl who will definitely disappoint you. 😫

Comment

Not every date is the same. You win some and you lose some. It is a gamble so make up your mind to go through it knowing that it is risky. Once you have a good profile and it says what you are looking for, then you will have some matches. Pay close attention to those matches to see if they are what you want. Find out about those people and see if they are down with you and what you need. Get rid of the ones that don't and by then you will have just a few to focus on.

Comment

Working...
          X