Had a depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a depression

Your boyfriend or girlfriend broke up with you due to his or her depression. What would you do next?

Depression is a condition that is a traitor. Someone who is depressed may not be seen as lonely. Then, before you know it, the person is gone as he or she had already committed a suicide.

Comment

• Hugurerbe
      Hugurerbe commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, there are lots of people who were depressed then suddenly just committed suicides. Most did not even reveal that they were unhappy at all.

• Skinnylove01
      Skinnylove01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Snugglebear Depression is very common nowadays, if you're partner is dealing with it then its better to support and tell him/her the unlikely cause of his depression

If he broke up with me due to his depression, then I would still be a friend to him. I would encourage him to seek some counselling or even consult a doctor. Do the depressed people take some medication, too?

Comment

• AirAngelsAmaze
      AirAngelsAmaze commented
      Editing a comment
      for me my medication is just a nice cold can of beer lol everybody gets depress for some reason because they are getting bullied or how society treats them

• ChristineOh
      ChristineOh commented
      Editing a comment
      AirAngelsAmaze

• AlysaBdN
      AlysaBdN commented
      Editing a comment
      AirAngelsAmaze Well, that is not a real depression. Maybe, you are just lonely due to those petty reasons.

Better be off with his or her life for now, it only means that he/she is not happy with you if they're reason is depression simple as that. Issue might be family or others but normally your relationship must be lonesome

Comment

• smilebaby
      smilebaby commented
      Editing a comment
      In some context it might be true but you need to support them in order to cope up with their depression but if the reason is you then you better be off with their life

• 1nytstand
      1nytstand commented
      Editing a comment
      smilebaby It is like you are saying that the lover causes the depression. That is strange as the lovers should be the cause of happiness, right?

• powerJHG
      powerJHG commented
      Editing a comment
      1nytstand yeah they should be the cause of happiness but not always some are not happy on their relationship which causes depression on their part

I'll support him first to know the real reason behind his depression and will grant his will if that's what he wants, if i can help him overcome it then i might stay and help him out

Comment

• Softandwet
      Softandwet commented
      Editing a comment
      now you got a supporter.. depression is no joke so we must be careful on what we are dealing with

• QueefPat
      QueefPat commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, how nice of you. I just hope that most people are like you who are supportive with other people. Nice. Just wonderful.

• kissmeback
      kissmeback commented
      Editing a comment
      Suddenly, you became a psychologist! lol. I suggest that you consult some professionals for the treatment of your partner.

I hate it when that thing happens to me.. depression kills but I dont want to leave her feeling depress as long as she doesn't kill herself then I am ready to breakup with her

Comment

• PieFun
      PieFun commented
      Editing a comment
      I think she needs counseling or needed professional help. How can you help if you're ready to leave her anytime soon?

• LoveYumTasty
      LoveYumTasty commented
      Editing a comment
      VaginalDestruction How can you be so sure that she'll not do anything like that when you two have broken up? It's alarming to be in a relationship like that, she's like a ticking bomb.

• Freew0man82
      Freew0man82 commented
      Editing a comment
      She was already depressed so she broke up with you. Killing herself is not a far-fetched idea as she could do it anytime after the breakup. That is how dangerous a depression is.

Originally posted by SoftBaby View Post
    Your boyfriend or girlfriend broke up with you due to his or her depression. What would you do next?
    Oh, I've never been with someone like that before. I'm not sure how to answer this. I guess if she ever breaks up with me for her to recover better while struggling with depression, then it's better to leave.

Comment

• JennyREnz
      JennyREnz commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. You are such a selfless man. If I had a depression, I would like to have a boyfriend like you.

• carzin89
      carzin89 commented
      Editing a comment
      JennyREnz I think you wouldn't wish to have depression because it is a serious mental illness that shouldn't be glamorized. But it would be nice if you do end up with someone who's caring and understanding.

I would tell his friends about our breakup so that they can be the ones who would check on him

Comment

• InsightChic
      InsightChic commented
      Editing a comment
      And how about you? Would you just leave him to his friends? Would you not do something to help him out?

• RachelSiryn
      RachelSiryn commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you leave him after your endorsement to his friends? Like having separate paths already.

• H3r3foryou
      H3r3foryou commented
      Editing a comment
      InsightChic RachelSiryn I'll just ask my friends if he is doing fine after the breakup or is much more happier maybe I am the one that adds up to his depression so I would keep my distant to him

Originally posted by H3r3foryou View Post
    I would tell his friends about our breakup so that they can be the ones who would check on him
    Going to do the same thing but I might end up waiting for her for a year. If she's still depressed, then it would be time for me to find a new girl to be with

Comment

• JennyREnz
      JennyREnz commented
      Editing a comment
      It's really hard to deal with someone who's struggling with depression. I'm not saying that they could end up being the worst kind of lovers but the fact that they're emotionally unstable and it's not healthy to be in a relationship like that.
Working...
X