Moving In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving In

How far in the relationship would be the right time to talking about moving in together?

For me it would be around the time that you've hit the two year mark. But I won't mind if you moved in together earlier for practical means

Comment

• rumdrum
      rumdrum commented
      Editing a comment
      So has a guy already asked you to move in with him?

• jackass
      jackass commented
      Editing a comment
      Practical means? What do you mean by that?

As long as the two of you don't have any problems when it comes to paying your own rent or paying for your own place, then you don't need to talk about it yet. It would be better that you just take turns during the weekend who's staying with whom

Comment

• AirAngelsAmaze
      AirAngelsAmaze commented
      Editing a comment
      And I'm guessing that the two of you would talk about it once one of you start to have problems when it comes to paying rent?

• demoomed
      demoomed commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, experienced it once and it was hard to adjust when we broke up.

It depends if the two of you are financially stable.

Comment

• lovestudder
      lovestudder commented
      Editing a comment
      So if one of them has a financial problem, that's the time that you should talk about it?

All my relationships haven't reached that stage where we talk about that sort of thing

Comment

• DilDoDabbins
      DilDoDabbins commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it because at the beginning, you both have no plans of staying together?

• FedoraTheExplora
      FedoraTheExplora commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe, you both are not really thinking about the future.

The both of you can talk about it early in the relationship if one of you suddenly had a problem when it comes to their living arrangements

Comment

• BlackmanAndRobbin
      BlackmanAndRobbin commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think that is a good idea especially if their relationship is new.

When the two of you feel that things are getting really serious and been together more than a year

Comment

• AliveAngels
      AliveAngels commented
      Editing a comment
      So have you lived with a guy already or not?

• ChristineOh
      ChristineOh commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet she already did considering how straight forward she answers the question.

It doesn't matter actually as long as you both are ready for commitment then I guess that was the proper time.

Comment

• shumwap
      shumwap commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess the commitment part is working already because they're in a relationship. The thing that they need to workout is the proper time

• Damitboy45
      Damitboy45 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you, it takes both parties to be ready willing and wanting each others company in a permanent manner. No matter how much time has elapsed. But it is a proven fact that the more time spent together the more you get to know each other habit's and those are what usually makes the difference in being able to live with someone.

It depends actually since for me, the time has nothing to do with it, you may be together for years but you both are not committed with each other then it will not still work.

Comment

• SaltBabyFlavor
      SaltBabyFlavor commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I get the point but don't you think that by living together, you got to know each other more.

Once the two of you hit the two or three year mark? But for me, the length of the relationship is not the only basis on when the right time to move in together

Comment

• punkchick
      punkchick commented
      Editing a comment
      So if the two of you hit that mark, you would immediately start talking about it?

I guess there is no definite time as long as you both know to yourself that you are ready of loving together.

Comment

• HearAlive
      HearAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      Loving together or living together? LMAO

I guess after the seven years mark since it is said that if you both exceeded that, you both will stay together.

Comment

• MoiraClay
      MoiraClay commented
      Editing a comment
      Infomarry I am open to that but as much as possible, I won't reject it.

• Infomarry
      Infomarry commented
      Editing a comment
      MoiraClay So you are basically saying that it's okay for you?

• MoiraClay
      MoiraClay commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes if he is that sincere.

If we both agree to share all the necessities and liabilities like bills, rent and etc then why not.

Comment

• surfsup
      surfsup commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that's already a given already. Unless you talked about who would paid for what

Was just wondering if any of you guys have lived together with a partner before?

Comment

• PieFun
      PieFun commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think that the active ones here haven't tried that

• NinaMcAdams
      NinaMcAdams commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I did and that was the time that I witness his true color. He's not that sweet as he looks.

That depends, if you both agree to live together then why not, time has nothing to do with it.

Comment

• PennyTration
      PennyTration commented
      Editing a comment
      Does it mean that there's a chance that you would say yes if the guy that you're dating for a week asks you to move in with him?
Working...
X