Stay Or Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay Or Go?

I'm wondering what your opinion when it comes to ending a relationship or divorce? For example you already have kids and you feel that your relationship with your partner has died or gone. Are you going to stay together for the kids or you're going to end the relationship already or file for divorce?

For me, it all depends on whether I hate his guts or we can't stand being in the same house together. Because if we can still be civil with each other and our kids are still too young, then I might be willing to stay for their sake. And maybe when they're old enough to understand, that would be the time that we would go our separate ways

Comment

• Tastype
      Tastype commented
      Editing a comment
      How long do you think you can remain civil with him?

I don't think that staying together for the kids is a good enough reason to stay in a relationship. It would be a better set up for me if we raise the child together but have our separate lives at the same time

Comment

• hulagirlsexsexyum
      hulagirlsexsexyum commented
      Editing a comment
      So you mean like having an open relationship?

If the kids were old enough when it happens, then I would immediately file for divorce. And besides I think falling out of love would take a long time. It's not like the love would be gone in a snap of a finger

Comment

• surfsup
      surfsup commented
      Editing a comment
      The best answer for me.

If the two of you have tried everything to make it work, then might as well go on separate ways rather than stay together and pretend that everything is fine between the two of you

Comment

• SandyDempsey
      SandyDempsey commented
      Editing a comment
      You have a point there but how about the children? They're the one who will be affected the most.

I don't think it is wise to just divorce without consulting your children. It would be best if you divorced when your children are all grown up that they can understand clearly why you separated.

Comment

• independentG
      independentG commented
      Editing a comment
      What if they're too young to understand that you don't love their father anymore?

• demoomed
      demoomed commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it will just cause trauma to the children.

I like to stay and work things out for the kids.

Comment

• fashiones12
      fashiones12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Even if you're not happy anymore with your marriage?

• lovestudder
      lovestudder commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I can sacrifice for the kids.

If there's no hope to the relationship, I will file for divorce and claim custody to the children.

Comment

• kissmeback
      kissmeback commented
      Editing a comment
      It is best to get a divorce when the relationship is going nowhere.

Definitely, end the relationship because what's the use of staying if it's not working anymore. And for the children, even if you're both separated, you can always have time for them.

Comment

• hanesy
      hanesy commented
      Editing a comment
      So you don't mind that they would be having two Christmases, etc...

If you tried everything to work your relationship but nothing happens then it is time to break up and move on.

Comment

• BlackmanAndRobbin
      BlackmanAndRobbin commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree it will be the reason to be happy again.

I will give it another try so I will stay, I know how hard to fix a broken relationship but I know I can handle it.

Comment

• sexualdepth
      sexualdepth commented
      Editing a comment
      So have you tried fixing a relationship before?

• MoiraClay
      MoiraClay commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you going to do if the other person has given up on it already?

Ending the relationship is better than be stuck with her and be miserable.

Comment

• cutestman
      cutestman commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you really think that you would feel miserable when you continued stay with her?

It would be better if you end things already but try to the setup that they did in the show Splitting Up Together. The two of you take turns on who get's to live in the house with the children while the other parent can freely do whatever he or she wants to do whatever he or she wants

Comment

I like to stay I don't want to ruin my marriage with some selfish thoughts.

Comment

• meowmeowbark
      meowmeowbark commented
      Editing a comment
      Even if you are not happy alreadY?

It is best if the two of you have a mutual decision but it is best if you two just separate.

Comment

• antitrump
      antitrump commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree it is best if they just separate and give custody of the children to the woman.

• JoeyBaby
      JoeyBaby commented
      Editing a comment
      antitrump what if the child or children prefers to stay with the dad? What are you going to do about it?
Working...
X