Belief in Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belief in Destiny

I wonder if anyone on here believes in destiny like my friends do. I don't believe. I think sometimes, we are the ones that create certain situations to go a certain way. I believe that things can be avoided if we make different choices. For example, one day my friend called and asked me to go somewhere with her. I told her that I couldn't because I think I had something else going on. So I didn't go. That was my choice. I could have put what I had to do on hold and gone and that would have been a different choice. Well, my friend got into a car accident and ended up in the hospital. If I were with her, I probably would have experienced the same thing. So was that her destiny and not mine? Let me know what you all think about this destiny topic.

This is a tough topic because it is all gonna come down to what you believe. I believe in destiny. I think that people create their own damn destiny by what they do. So, I guess that is what it boils down to.

Comment

Yes, destiny is created by us. We make certain choices and then it ends up in some kind of result that we have to deal with. So, yes, it comes down to choices, I think. ✊

Comment

Some people think that when you are born, your destiny is already put in place. I am not sure about that. I really don't know, but I think that what we choose to do will have something to do with it too. Like your example with your friend. You didn't go and she got into an accident and you didn't have to go through that. But you know you could have been there and not get hurt in the accident? So I don't know.

Comment

I believe you were born with a destiny and a purpose. It is just that simple and whatever choice you make, you still are going to fulfill your destiny. So you can't get away with that.

Comment

You are destined to whatever you believe and whatever you chooose to say or do. That is my take on it. All the bullshit about being born with a destiny doesn't make any damn sense. I am for destiny with choices you make. It makes more sense.

Comment

Very spirited comments. Thanks. I learned a thing or two...lol

Comment

Working...
              X