Can rope bondage harm you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can rope bondage harm you?

Lately, I have been thinking about getting in to bondage and specifically ropes. Looking at some of the activities online, it seems like some of the stuff are physically demanding and may have risks. I want to find out from some experienced members here about what I should prepare myself for and how I can take care of myself well. I do want to try it out, but I don't want to get hurt or anything bad to happen.

Rope bondage has some challenges, so I think you've done the right thing by asking the members about it. I found many men who are into it on sexsearch, so I don't think you will have a problem finding the right people. The biggest challenge for a newcomer would be to find out about the things that you need to expect when you're going in to a rope date. There are some risks which can be avoided and managed without any trouble if you do that. Since you're a beginner, make sure that your partner knows it, so that he won't try anything highly demanding. It's a good idea to have a chat with him beforehand and decide what exactly you're going to do. There are some very straight forward things like never being alone in a room while you're in bondage. Have everything you need ready, so that the partner won't have to leave the room at any point. Never practice bondage when you're under the influence of alcohol or any other substance. Those are some of the basic rules/precautions. You will be able to find most of them online, so do your research before you start.

Comment

Glad to see the members giving some great advice here. I also recommend not to try out gags until you have some experience. They have unique challenges that come with them, so it's advised that you do them later down the road.

Comment

Bonadage is so much fun and if you do it with the right people initially, you will end up enjoying it a lot too. There are some risks that can be very easily managed. You just need to be aware of these things when you go in. That's it. To add to some of the stuff that have been mentioned in the comments, make sure that there's a quick release method available, just in case. You don't want your partner to end up slowly untying knots to release you if needed.

Comment

There are some awesome advice here and this thread is turning out to be a great resource for anyone trying out ropes. It's one of the most adventurous activities in BDSM and you can have a lot of fun doing it! Some of these precautions are very straight forward. Never try ropes under the influence, have a method to quickly release if at all needed and no ropes around the neck. There are so many people who are crazy about BDSM and have lots of experience on SexSearch, so I think it's a good idea to try out ropes with someone like that. That way, you can be more relaxed knowing that you're in good hands. I had a girl faint while in ropes, but it was so easy to handle the situation since I had a way to release her quickly and put her in a relaxed position. We took some rest, played around with each other and tried it again. No need to panic at all.

Comment

@Wilson_Indiana I totally agree with you. There's no need to panic if you do the right things and know how to handle each situation. The risks are never life threatening unless you do something really stupid like putting ropes around a person's neck or leave them in one position unattended. I don't think anyone in their right mind would do something like that. It's been a few years since I got into BDSM and it's been so much fun and added a whole new dimension to my sex life. Now I enjoy it with people I know on a regular basis. If you end up liking ropes, you can do it with groups of three or more. It's more fun when you have more people to play with!

Comment

Guys, I can't tell how much I appreciate your help and advice here. Like Wilson_Indiana has mentioned, there's so much information on this thread that's going to be very useful for beginners! I'll surely do the required reading about rope bondage before I start and you're right about starting with people who have experience. After reading NY Ebony's comment, I think it's a good idea to try and do it as a threesome where the other two people are experienced. That way, I will be able to watch and learn and slowly each into it. When it comes to BDSM, I agree that having more people increases the fun.

Comment

Working...
              X