Heart or Mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart or Mind?

Off-topic and keeping it casual. Do you usually follow your heart? Or your mind? I always follow my heart that's why I end up being dumped in a relationship lol

I always follow what my mind says, the heart just beats and doesn't say a thing at all.

Comment

• DanniMoon
      DanniMoon commented
      Editing a comment
      So what part of your brain would be in charge when it comes to relationships?

• lovestudder
      lovestudder commented
      Editing a comment
      DanniMoon That would have to be the hypothalamus.

My mind is right all the time. Why would I follow my heart? I might regret things in the end lol

Comment

• SupaPussy789
      SupaPussy789 commented
      Editing a comment
      There's nothing wrong about that but sometimes if you think too much, you might be missing things out!

• Clitcomander
      Clitcomander commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you ever felt even once that your heart made a complaint as you had never followed it?

Is it wrong for me to follow my heart when it comes to passion? I always keep it in mind that I should do the things I love.

Comment

• Infomarry
      Infomarry commented
      Editing a comment
      It is never wrong to follow the heart because they say that the heart tells the real feelings. So, yeah, we could follow our heart.

• stubbornass
      stubbornass commented
      Editing a comment
      There's nothing wrong with following your heart, but you should keep in mind about your limits

I usually follow my mind, but mind has been fooled a time or two by what my heart was feeling.

Comment

• sexualdepth
      sexualdepth commented
      Editing a comment
      You can tell if your mind has fooled you when you expect a little too much, right?

• shumwap
      shumwap commented
      Editing a comment
      So your heart was still more powerful than your mind. How could a heart with no mind influence the mind? Don't you find at amazing?

• Damitboy45
      Damitboy45 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes my mind could see the lies and bullshit but my heart didn't want to believe it, so it found out the hard way.

Most of the time I let my mind decide whether I would pursue this relationship or not. There's nothing wrong with trying to use your logic and intellect in a relationship

Comment

• H3r3foryou
      H3r3foryou commented
      Editing a comment
      Does it mean that you have high standards when it comes to relationships? Is it hard for you to be in a serious relationship?

At the start of the relationship I let my heart decide and once we're in a relationship I let my mind be the one in charge most of the time so that I don't end up getting dumped or cheated on

Comment

• OreoEater789
      OreoEater789 commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoa, you sound like a dangerous woman AnniePath but it's okay that way, always guard your heart so you won't get hurt.

• SandyDempsey
      SandyDempsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Does it mean that once you feel that the relationship is about to be over, you would openly agree to end it and not try to save it?

Originally posted by goodlove View Post
    There's nothing wrong with trying to use your logic and intellect in a relationship
    I agree with you on this one, but you better make sure that you don't end up being too cold towards your partner

Comment

• smilebaby
      smilebaby commented
      Editing a comment
      Guess that you don't want to be with someone who's like Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory

• fashiones12
      fashiones12 commented
      Editing a comment
      smilebaby do you know someone who treats a relationship the way Sheldon does?

There have been that a relationship in which I let my heart take charge and it hurt terribly once the relationship was over

Comment

• independentG
      independentG commented
      Editing a comment
      How long did it take before you got over him when you the two of you break up?

A mind could rationalize but only a heart could feel love. So which would you choose? A mind that could only think or a heart that could only feel? I believe that love is a feeling so I would let my heart to the selection.

Comment

Listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye. That is from a song. So, I would choose heart, too. Maybe, I am just emotional that I use heart instead of mind.

Comment

Let us use our mind over heart. The mind could think well. It knows what and what not to do.

Comment

Let us go scientific. They say that the heart has nothing to do with love. Love is an emotion and emotions are governed by the hypothalamus located in the brain. So, scientifically, we would have to say: "I love you from the bottom of my hypothalamus."

Comment

• MoiraClay
          MoiraClay commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel that line is something that would come out from The Big Bang Theory lol

• TickleMyTesla
          TickleMyTesla commented
          Editing a comment
          I love you from the bottom of my heart sounds sweeter than hearing I love you from the bottom of my hypothalamus. LOL. I think I would still stick with the traditional one although I will keep in mind this new scientific research.

How about if we heed the call of our heart and let our mind agree with it? I think that would be the best approach. When both the heart and mind synchronize with each other then that would be the perfect case.

Comment

Working...
        X