Irish Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Date

I finally agreed to go on a first date with this dude. At first, I thought he was a catfish and not real because he had a thick Irish accent and said he was from New York. Oh well, people migrated all the time from different countries. So I took him up on the offer. When we met, I was just getting over a bad cold I had for weeks. So this was the first time going to a bar for me in weeks. His accent was so strong, it was hard to understand. I ended up smiling and nodding for the first few minutes until I got used to it. I told him I wanted to walk him home afterwards (flipping the script) and he did not want to, but we ended up holding hands and walking as he told some weird jokes, but his laughter was contagious, even if I didn't get the joke. I remember going to his door and he planting a wet kiss on my lips. Awkward! But we ended up seeing each other multiple more times. The first time was goofy, but afterwards, it was smooth sailing and now, after a year, we have moved past the accent and stuff and are still seeing each other and enjoying getting to know about each other.

Fuck the accent. As you said, it might have taken a while to get used to it, but the person behind the accent should be the main focus. Just ask him to repeat when you are not sure. LOL!

Comment

I like the idea that you stuck in there and gave him a chance, even though he had that Irish accent. You will get used to it after you start talking to him more. Good for you and good luck.

Comment

Great story. Good for you. The accent will definitely rub off on you after a while. All the best to you.

Comment

It doesn't matter whether he is Irish or anything else. When you make a connection, that is all you want to know. You will get to know each other and the cultures as time goes on. So I am glad you gave him that chance. Good luck!

Comment

I am glad I gave it a chance. At first, it was scary, but then after I started to relax, it was all good. Thanks for all of the comments. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
            X