Hooking up with a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooking up with a friend

I am known to be a girl with a lot of guy friends. I am really close to them up to the point that I already consider them as family. However, there was this one time that one of my guy friends (the closest one to me) tried to flirt with me and guess what? I flirted back. We kept on flirting with each other and eventually we had sex. What do you think about this? Was sleeping with my closest guy friend okay?

It's okay as long as both of you are single. You enjoy it, right? And I bet he did as well, so there's nothing you should worry about and I guess that you two should continue being friend-with-friends while you both still can.

Comment

• ruby78
      ruby78 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope that there's a chance that I can hook up with my guy friend too. I can't resist how hot he is but unfortunately, he already has a girlfriend.

• fallinlove
      fallinlove commented
      Editing a comment
      ruby78 Why can't you just wait until your friend is single again? Or why didn't you made your first move when he was single before?

• DilDoDabbins
      DilDoDabbins commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. Words of encouragement. Okay, same thoughts here. As long as no one is being hurt then they could continue being friends with benefits.

Is that what they call friends with benefits? I do think that it is okay as long as no one else knows about it. It would be a big issue if your friends are informed about what happened between the two of you.

Comment

• loveofmylife101
      loveofmylife101 commented
      Editing a comment
      And no one has to know right? Sometimes we just have to keep things to ourselves, it's hard to trust friends that you can trust, even harder to find someone who is willing to be your fuckbuddy.

• jackass
      jackass commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not think that they would be informing all their friend that they did something, right? So, yeah, they could continue but they should keep it by themselves.

• RachelSiryn
      RachelSiryn commented
      Editing a comment
      PennyTration Yes, they are both friends with benefits already and it's okay to be in that kind of situation as long as both of you are single. There should not be at least one friend that knows about this, it's better to keep it to themselves and to each other only.

I guess that would be fine because you two are already friends. At least you did not do it with a stranger, right? But I only hope that no romantic feelings will be involved especially if you'll continue doing it.

Comment

• Aloha91
      Aloha91 commented
      Editing a comment
      If there are no romantic feelings involved then it's possible that they might have to do it again. It would be better that way, no strings attached and at least she has found someone that she can have sex with, as long as both of them are comfortable with that.

• Houservit
      Houservit commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that hooking up with a friend is something that I wouldn't do, why? He is my friend and I don't want him to think that I'm only using him for as my past time, something like that. I might lose a good friend because of that.

• JoeyBaby
      JoeyBaby commented
      Editing a comment
      What is the difference between doing it with a friend from doing it with a stranger? It could still be same sex, right?

To be honest, I don't think that it's okay. As you said, you two are close to each other but mixing your friendship with sex seems like a bad idea. What if one of you falls in love to the other one? That will definitely affect the friendship that you built.

Comment

• veronIZA
      veronIZA commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not think that one of them would fall in love with each other. Look, they had sex even before they loved each other romantically. There would be no romantic love as what they had is just a product of lust.

• Jansa90
      Jansa90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess no one falls in love that easy if it's just about sex. So, it's more like no-strings-attached kind of thing and I hope that everything still goes well between them right after.

Oh no! What have you done? Hooking up with a friend is never okay. Especially if you two are close. I guess what happened would make things awkward between the two of you and I bet you two will not be talking the way you used to before.

Comment

• kelly77
      kelly77 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, if they wanted to make things cool then they should brush it off as nothing happened. It's best to keep it that way, they might as well be friends with benefits to each other. Why would they not be talking to each other? Are they in denial that they actually have feelings for each other?

• W3tThet1p
      W3tThet1p commented
      Editing a comment
      It was not a one night stand. It would be a friends with benefits relationship so there would be no awkwardness. Since you are best friends then you the person very well already. The only thing that was added to the friendship was the sex part.

If you are both single then that would be fine. As long as both of you are happy then you could continue to be friends with benefits.

Comment

• Jessine05
      Jessine05 commented
      Editing a comment
      True. You can continue doing it for as long as you want but both of you have to be sure that no relationship is ruined and most importantly, you have to make sure that your friendship will not be affected.

• rumdrum
      rumdrum commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, why be in an FWB relationship with someone if either of you is already taken? That's just wrong, it's better to be FWB if you're both single so there's nothing to hide behind your partners.

• Amethyst54
      Amethyst54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, but I am sure it will be awkward if something will happen. And there are possibility that their friendship will be ruin.

Was that only a one night stand? If yes, then, I think that it was fine. If nothing else would follow after that one and the friendship remains intact then hey that's good.

Comment

• priority23
      priority23 commented
      Editing a comment
      What if something happens to them the second time around in the future? I'm sure that's inevitable but if they're really into each other then why shouldn't they just start dating each other, right? Just a thought.

• TickleMyTesla
      TickleMyTesla commented
      Editing a comment
      priority23 Dating each other? No, I do not think so. They could upgrade the relationship to become friends with benefits.

Originally posted by Clitcomander View Post
    I am known to be a girl with a lot of guy friends. I am really close to them up to the point that I already consider them as family. However, there was this one time that one of my guy friends (the closest one to me) tried to flirt with me and guess what? I flirted back. We kept on flirting with each other and eventually we had sex. What do you think about this? Was sleeping with my closest guy friend okay?
    Since you have other guy friends, do you consider hooking up with the other ones too? I mean at least they weren't the closest ones like the one you hooked up with, right? Okay, well, maybe you two were under the influence of alcohol, oh wait. No, you two are aware of it.

Comment

• hameroon27
      hameroon27 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, select some of the best guys among her friends and then make them all as friends with benefits.

I think that friends should remain as friends. You have been friends for a long time then suddenly you would flirt with each other then had sex. It does not look so good in my opinion.

Comment

• motherlove
      motherlove commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with this. Seems like you chose to put your friendship into waste by agreeing to have sex with him.

There is nothing wrong with that as both of you wanted to have it. It was a mutual sex. Should the two of you decide to upgrade it into a friends with benefits relationship then go on.

Comment

• elatederic
      elatederic commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it was a mutual decision even if they're already in bed, consensual sex is important and it sure sounds like they had a really great time too!

I don't think that hooking up with a friend is a great and acceptable idea. I don't know about you but I have this principle that friends are supposed to be just friends. I should know my boundaries around them even though they are really attractive and good-looking.

Comment

• hanesy
      hanesy commented
      Editing a comment
      That's kind of nice coming from a guy! I agree with you though. I only see my friends as merely friends, nothing more and nothing else. So I don't think that hooking up with a friend would be okay for me.

• ChristineOh
      ChristineOh commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, I also believe this one. Friends should remain as friends. They should not become more than that. If she wanted to have a friend with benefits relationship then she could look for a new man for that sole purpose.

What you did seems fine to me. But you should have promised each other that no feelings should be involved. Just like a no strings attached situation.

Comment

• Blockro
      Blockro commented
      Editing a comment
      It would be a disaster if feelings are involved in their FWB situation. The moment one of them displays anything romantic, they should stop their situation already.

• Jasssa87
      Jasssa87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Or they could have just opted for a one night stand? Just for trial purposes, I guess.

What do I think about it? Nothing. It happens, sometimes.
    What do I think about the two of you? Both of you are flirts who would do anything just to satisfy the call of the flesh. lol.

Comment

• sexualdepth
      sexualdepth commented
      Editing a comment
      Let them be, as long as their business does not involve you in it. Hooking up with a friend would involve flirting so why call them flirts anyway? And they're both single so there's nothing wrong with that.

If it is only one guy then I think that it is fine. But if you upgrade your relationships with most of your guy friends into FWBs relationships then that would be something else. There must be something wrong with you if you do that thing.

Comment

• VaginalDestruction
      VaginalDestruction commented
      Editing a comment
      She must be a tramp if someone ever does that. Why would she want to be FWBs with most of her guy friends? Her intentions are not really for friends but she sounds like she's always that thirsty and desperate, that's a major turn off for me.

• Softandwet
      Softandwet commented
      Editing a comment
      Only a slut would do such a thing, and I don't think it's normal for you to be FWB with all of your guy friends, they would not want to be with you, they might even get turned off by you.
Working...
X