Best foot forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best foot forward?

What can you say about people who look good on their dating profile, but would look less attractive when you meet them up and have a date for the first time?

I guess that most people are using filters with their photos for their social media photos. It is already a thing that people perform. I think that we should be the one to adjust by thinking that they should look less than what they portray on their profile photos.

Comment

• KenjiNephew
      KenjiNephew commented
      Editing a comment
      Should we blame the beauty apps or the people using those beauty apps? Lol.

• AngelsMountain
      AngelsMountain commented
      Editing a comment
      Filtered photos are a thing now on all those social media accounts and they will put that up on their dating photos as well. Smartphones also have filters featured on their settings too have full effect on the photo.

Making a best foot forward. Most people do that one, and I just hate it. Could they not just show the real them? Why the need to use sugar coatings?

Comment

• Infomarry
      Infomarry commented
      Editing a comment
      No, some people would just want to show the good sides while attempting to hide the bad sides. I guess people only want the beautiful things.

• TickleMyTesla
      TickleMyTesla commented
      Editing a comment
      Because, well, most people want to show that they are good people. At least, that is better than showing our evil sides. Lol.

• crzyyouandme
      crzyyouandme commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, they could show the real us. It is for the other person if they want to accept or reject us for being who we really are.

But we could use a heavy makeup to maintain a good look just like on our profiles. In that way, we would still be looking great.

Comment

• priority23
      priority23 commented
      Editing a comment
      But dates do not like heavy makeup on our faces, it takes away our natural beauty and it will lead to more criticisms than compliments.

• Fransha33
      Fransha33 commented
      Editing a comment
      priority23 I agree, our dates would not like it if we have too much makeup in person and even in those profile pictures to fool anyone thinking that they're beautiful.

I think that we should not expect too much about our dates. Let us think that they would look like any other ordinary people and not like movie stars. In that way, you won't feel any disappointments when they look less attractive from their dating profiles.

Comment

• Houservit
      Houservit commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, let us lower our expectations. In that way, we won't have any disappointments. Should it turn good, then let us be surprised with it.

• InsightChic
      InsightChic commented
      Editing a comment
      But what if they look really deceiving in those photos thinking they're hot but because of the angles as well? I think I might get fooled again if I get to meet them in person and I will not likethat..

I hope that people would not use those filtered and enhanced photos on their profiles. Why not upload the unedited photos? In that way, people would see you as the real you. There would be no false expectations anymore.

Comment

• lovestudder
      lovestudder commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, those filters will help hide your true skin color and flaws that you have like freckles or marks on the face but anyway, some filters are okay but it would be better if those were just ordinary photos instead.

• Tastyrese
      Tastyrese commented
      Editing a comment
      But by using your natural photo, the ugliness would be seen. No wants to see the ugliness in us? Sure, even those beauty queens are hiding in their heavy makeups.

Looks can be deceiving both online and offline. Have you ever wondered why some women never go out without their makeups on? My guess is as good as yours. Lol.

Comment

• OreoEater789
      OreoEater789 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd still prefer light or no-makeup at all when it comes to women. I'd prefer simple-looking women, I like them better if they do not put on makeup to make themselves feel and look pretty.

• H3r3foryou
      H3r3foryou commented
      Editing a comment
      OreoEater789 For me, medium makeup would do. I do not like those light and heavy makeups. Have a light makeup and you won't be able to cover the things that needed to be covered. Have a heavy makeup and you would feel the uneasiness on your face.

• StoveLove
      StoveLove commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess that those women who could not go out without makeups are the ones who do not look good. Lol.

Are they catch-fishing? That's what it's called right? Catfished. Are they catch fishing people on those dating apps?

Comment

• PieFun
      PieFun commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. Catfishing is a different concept. That is not the case here as these are real people who are using filtered and enhanced photos.

• elatederic
      elatederic commented
      Editing a comment
      PieFun let's not shame people for using photoshop or edited pictures (with filters), some might have just used lighter filters and had makeup on their faces which made them look more attractive than you expect them to be in person.

We shouldn't blame those apps that have filters in it for enhancing our looks, it only features of what the app is supposed to be, our source of entertainment and vanity. Blame the people who use filters to fool other people into thinking that they actually look like that, edited and unnatural-looking.

Comment

• melaniamania
      melaniamania commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, those beauty apps should not be used for profiles, but there are so many people who use it. Would you like to be left behind?

• cutestman
      cutestman commented
      Editing a comment
      I think a little enhancement is good. After all, those little enhancements would still be achieved through makeups. That means that you would still look in that way should you put on your makeup.

As long as they look less attractive, then that would be fine with me. What I am not into are the posers. You know, those people who use other person's photos and pretend that they are who on the photos.

Comment

• Skinnylove01
      Skinnylove01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, yeah I've encountered those types of people and I do not like them. It is really easy to spot a poser if you'd take a closer look and get to stalk their profiles thoroughly as if you're working for the FBI, lol.

• Marie25
      Marie25 commented
      Editing a comment
      LMAO, those people often use not-so-famous pictures of celebrities and models and would pretend to be 'them' when they're not. They'd be pretty embarrassed if one person points out that they're actually fake and not real.

What can I say with those people? They're great pretenders! What else? Hmmm, they're good with their angles, they're good with editing their photos and enhancing their looks with a little bit of makeup.

Comment

• HearAlive
      HearAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      They're always good at taking selfies and knows how to trick people into looking good on their social media profiles and you'll check them out in person, well, they don't look anything like what you've seen online.

That is what they call Expectations VERSUS Reality, hahahahaha! Do not expect too much when you've seen an attractive person online, chances are they're good with makeup and how they'd pose better selfies.

Comment

• Daisy54
      Daisy54 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with this. Because of advanced technology, there are already some ways that can make a person look good in pictures even though in reality, they are not that good looking. I guess looks from the internet can really be deceiving huh?

Disappointment is surely what I will feel but I can't do anything about it right? Maybe I will just continue with the meetup and see if he has a good personality.

Comment

• Hugurerbe
      Hugurerbe commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that is right. People should start to learn how to see beyond the looks. In my opinion, dating is not all about the physical appearance.

I think those kinds of people are the pretentious ones. They are so concerned about how they really look that's why they put on many filters and edits on their pictures to make them look better. They cannot just accept the way that they actually look.

Comment

• XYZKate
      XYZKate commented
      Editing a comment
      They would be fooling themselves if they just want to continue fooling other people and that's not right. It wouldn't be fair for the people that they're being fooled around.

I think we shouldn't judge those people who look better in their dating profiles than in real life. That's because there is a tendency that those people have low self confidence and what makes them feel good is through editing the pictures that they post online. Whether we admit it or not, we want our best pictures to be included in our dating profiles.

Comment

Working...
    X