How to get out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get out?

You are in a relationship with someone for about 5 years already. In the past, the relationship was going well but there is a sudden turn of events and your partner is not acting the same. He/she developed a bad behavior and you can't stand it anymore but you don't know what to do. The bad behavior that he/she developed makes your relationship toxic already. So how to get out of a toxic relationship?

If my partner developed a bad behavior like being violent, then I'd get out of the relationship right away. I'll do it through breaking up with him directly.

Comment

• Movievestre
      Movievestre commented
      Editing a comment
      If thing's aren't the same anymore then better leave. A toxic relationship is never good to anyone involved, best way to deal with a person like that is to leave them.

• GoobleHipur
      GoobleHipur commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, when there is already a physical abuse, then it is time to let go immediately. You do not want to get bruises from it. And, oh, you could report to the police should he become violent with you.

• jackass
      jackass commented
      Editing a comment
      What would you do if he does not want to break up with you?

If you can't stand it anymore, then you should get out of that relationship as soon as possible. Break up with your partner but do it nicely. Explain to him/her the reasons why you arrived to that decision so that he/she will reflect on it.

Comment

• AlysaBdN
      AlysaBdN commented
      Editing a comment
      Then if he suddenly realized his wrongdoings, he will come running back to me and begging me to stay. I'd doubt that it would be that easy for me to accept him back but then again, it is better for us to go on our separate ways for good.

• punkchick
      punkchick commented
      Editing a comment
      A toxic partner must not stay long enough in your life because he or she will slowly turn you toxic as well. We do not want to be with someone toxic so it's best that we should avoid them by all means, they will soon realize that they're the problem and not you.

In order to get out of a toxic relationship, I suggest that you should both go to counselling sessions. In that way, the counselor will give you an advice regarding what you should do with your relationship.

Comment

• ruby78
      ruby78 commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be great! At least there would be professional help involved to deal with the issues here. I suggest that you two should give it a go.

• crzyyouandme
      crzyyouandme commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. That would be a waste of money, time and effort. Counselors would not be able to help that much. It would be better if you just talk about it.

Why give up right away? People change and you should know that that include your partner. Maybe you should try to talk to him first before deciding if you really want to be out of your relationship.

Comment

• Houservit
      Houservit commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Talk about it. Maybe, there were only some misunderstandings that need to be resolved first.

• AnniePath
      AnniePath commented
      Editing a comment
      Talking to your partner would be a great idea before you get to decide that it's about time that you should finally leave him for good.

To get out of a toxic relationship, involve other people who can surely help you. For example, ask your partner's friends to talk to him and convince him to change his behavior or else you will break up with him.

Comment

• PennyTration
      PennyTration commented
      Editing a comment
      Or involved his parents or family about the situation. You might even discover that there is a history of his strange behavior, you'll be able to find out if he really needs help or just toxic and might as well leave him for good.

• XYZKate
      XYZKate commented
      Editing a comment
      PennyTration is right, he must have a serious mental illness and only his family knows that side about him. Better involve his parents about your current situation with him.

Break up with him. As simple as that. You could tell him that you are not in love with him anymore. If the relationship is already toxic, then you must move away from it anymore.

Comment

• Skinnylove01
      Skinnylove01 commented
      Editing a comment
      It happened to me before, I got away from the toxicity of our relationship. There are frequent fights, there's no more love, and we argue even to the smallest of things. That's when we both decided to end things off.

• QueefPat
      QueefPat commented
      Editing a comment
      Breaking up with someone toxic is easy. We deserve to be with someone who brings out the best in us not the stress in us. So, better not be with someone toxic these days, you won't end up being happy anyway.

I would ghost him. Yes, that would be the easiest way out. One day, I would just be gone without a word. He won't be able to see me anymore. I think that we won't miss me after disappearing.

Comment

• independentG
      independentG commented
      Editing a comment
      Well if you think that's going to work then do it. Otherwise, he's going to come looking for you or yeah, maybe he'll just accept that he's too toxic to handle now.

That is the time that he needs me more. He could be suffering from some emotional breakdowns. I would have to ask him first and then ask him if he wants to have some professional help.

Comment

• JennyREnz
      JennyREnz commented
      Editing a comment
      You should consider that one too, well, it is okay to stay for a while and get to know what really is going on with him. He must've been dealing with a lot of things but is also afraid to let you know.

• Amethyst54
      Amethyst54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awww, I think you both girls are right. I should give him some time to get better. I'll stay even if things get worse, I cannot lose him and no he is not toxic. He's having problems which is all clear to me.

Would you not like to try saving it first before thinking of severing the relationship? I guess that it is better to attempt to save it than hastily plan to get out of it.

Comment

• softheartedgirl
      softheartedgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Try and you two might even work things out. He does not know that he is toxic already then you should make him realize that. It isn't nice to become toxic, or else, no one will like you or stay with you for long.

• rumdrum
      rumdrum commented
      Editing a comment
      Right softheartedgirl he should realize that his toxic trait is making her put an end on their perfect long-term relationship. I know he's going to change his ways somehow.

If it's too toxic to handle then we should agree about breaking up. He should know that it is not good for any of us both to continue on with this relationship if it's already too toxic, right?

Comment

Working...
    X