A terrible Christmas night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A terrible Christmas night

This happened during Christmas eve after work. My coworker invited me and our other coworker over for dinner, so it was us, three ladies. Her house is just a few miles away from where we work, and it was a simple home with three kids and a husband. But there was a drinking session happening already between the husband and his coworker, and the three of us we formally introduced by her and the husband slightly saying nasty things already but we shrugged it off when he handed each of us a drink. Skip to the part when we had a decent meal and we all joined in for the drinking session. Her husband was the noisiest and is slightly humiliating his wife in front of us. It wasn't until he started humiliating his friends in front of us and he is saying rude things about us. It felt kind of awkward already but his friends didn't stop him from his drunk talking. At the end of the night, before I'd leave their house, my coworker kept apologizing to me about her drunk husband. I told her that he is drunk but if I were her, I'd probably leave him for good because his drunken attitude is really unbearable.
    Last edited by lovestudder; 12-26-2019, 10:25 AM.

Drunk people tell real things. Have you noticed if his statements were true or not? If those were true, then what can you do? Sometimes, truth hurts.
    Anyway, if you have a husband who gets abusive, then you should think of getting a divorce. People should always be nice to each other.

Comment

• Alivens
      Alivens commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's about time she should think about leaving her husband for good. Thinking that she will never invite friends over or anyone if her husband is always drunk and gets satisfaction by humiliating people.

• scrumptious1
      scrumptious1 commented
      Editing a comment
      If the husband told the truths, then your co-worker should do something to correct those things. If they do not solve it, then nothing good would come from it.

When you love someone, you would stay with that person. It may be called a love that is blind but no matter what it is called, it is still a form of love.
    Anyway, what can I say? There are people who show their true attitude when they are drunk. It could be that her husband belongs to that kind of people.

Comment

• kizliak
      kizliak commented
      Editing a comment
      His true attitude is just pure bullshit. Why'd he even humiliate his wife in front of her own friends? Now, she's ashamed of bringing her friends home with having a husband with such a shitty attitude.

• SupaPussy789
      SupaPussy789 commented
      Editing a comment
      kizliak Love is blind so no matter how bullshit the men are, some women still opt to stay with them.

• demoomed
      demoomed commented
      Editing a comment
      Still, it is shameful to be drunk in front of the guests and aside from that, he had also blurted other nasty things about his wife. Too bad.

So, did you enjoy the Christmas eve with them? If you had dinner and alcohol, then I guess that it was a nice night with them sans her husband's bad attitude.

Comment

• melaniamania
      melaniamania commented
      Editing a comment
      The dinner and alcohol are great, the welcoming gesture of the wife/coworker is heartwarming, the only issue here was the drunkard husband that speaks nothing but shit from his mouth. I will never want to encounter a guy like that, ever again!

• BlackmanAndRobbin
      BlackmanAndRobbin commented
      Editing a comment
      melaniamania How did you know that the alcohol and dinner were great? Are you friends with the poster?

As soon as the husband is sober he will then realize how horrible of a person he was that night. His wife felt so ashamed of him talking shit to all the guests that would only make him feel good about himself. Well, I hope he knows that even in those drunken moments, he is sure of the things that he is saying, it's the alcohol that made him feel and act confident.

Comment

• Freew0man82
      Freew0man82 commented
      Editing a comment
      After the spirit of alcohol left him, all the recollections of what he had said also vanished with it. Therefore, he woke up as if nothing had happened.

• GoobleHipur
      GoobleHipur commented
      Editing a comment
      If he was too drunk, then he won't be able to remember what happened the night before. I guess that you just need to let go of t already.

• MoiraClay
      MoiraClay commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure that he would be able to realize it? What if it was mostly a total blackout?

It would have been a good Christmas celebration if not for your coworker's drunk husband. Well, that is what alcohol could do to people. Alcohol strips off inhibitions and hesitations so all thoughts could freely go.

Comment

• SandyDempsey
      SandyDempsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Ugh, tell me about it! I hate it when people are not nice when they're way too drunk, they're not considered fun to be with, rather, you just want to beat the hell out of them so that they could shut the fuck up or just stop whatever it is that they are trying to do.

• crzyyouandme
      crzyyouandme commented
      Editing a comment
      SandyDempsey But if you do the beating the hell out of them, then there is a possibility that the two of you would argue and things would not end up nicely.

• Houservit
      Houservit commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that is the reason why I like drunken people as they are free to express their thoughts.

I think next time, your coworker should not let her husband drink too much or maybe next time she should consider leaving her husband FOR GOOD. I know that she's been dealing with his shit for too long, so I think that it's about time that they should celebrate a wonderful Christmas, just her, the coworkers and her lovely children.
    Last edited by rumdrum; 12-27-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• PrincessGail
      PrincessGail commented
      Editing a comment
      Christmas should be celebrated with joy, love, and peace. Why is it that he needs to spoil what needs to be the happiest celebration for all mankind? He must have been going through something, maybe the husband needs to seek professional help already.

Alcohol can make people say and do stupid things. Maybe the husband is just acting like that because of alcohol and maybe he is really nice when he's sober.

Comment

• Airglax
      Airglax commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think that being under the influence of alcohol can justify the act that the husband did. It is never acceptable to humiliate his wife just because he's drunk.

I bet the husband is also violent when he is drunk. So if that's the case, I agree with you when you said that she should leave him for good. She doesn't deserve to be treated that way.

Comment

• ruby78
      ruby78 commented
      Editing a comment
      She does not deserve that kind of husband, he should be ashamed and should be aware of the things he does when he's drunk it is not tolerable if that were done to me.

• JennyREnz
      JennyREnz commented
      Editing a comment
      And they have kids, oh those poor kids! I don't want them to get hurt if the husband ever becomes too violent. I just wish that he'll be able to handle his anger management issues and his drinking problems as well.

What's the big deal? Guys are really like that when they are drunk. But when they are sober, they can be really gentle and sweet to you.

Comment

• AlysaBdN
      AlysaBdN commented
      Editing a comment
      Ugh, that's the stupid thing ever! I'm aware of that and why aren't they changing their ways? It's not cute when they do that, I'm not happy when guys act foolishly when they're drunk and act so innocent in real life, seriously?

• Skinnylove01
      Skinnylove01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not all people are like that and they should never be like that. They should learn from their past mistakes if they've done this like a couple of times already. Aren't they even tired of doing the same mistakes and not learning from them?

It was indeed a terrible Christmas night. I bet the coworker was so ashamed that her coworkers knew what kind of husband she has. If the husband acts that way whenever he's drunk, it is possible that he can be violent at times. You have to ask the coworker about that.

Comment

• Movievestre
      Movievestre commented
      Editing a comment
      He might have been hurting her if they even weren't there, who knows, right? But I guess he shouldn't be drinking way too much and if things could go wrong, I bet her coworker might even leave him for good already.

• independentG
      independentG commented
      Editing a comment
      That kind of husband is irresponsible, not only because of his drinking problem but also how puts himself out there to his wife's coworkers. He's a mess and I suggest that he should start changing himself or else, his wife will leave him anytime soon!

Could it be possible that your co-worker purposely invited some of you in an attempt that her husband would behave himself and not drop words against her?

Comment

• PennyTration
      PennyTration commented
      Editing a comment
      It turns out that he even humiliated his own wife. Well that's a shameful part of both of them, they cannot behave well in front of other people but the only thing that can help resolve this issue is that the husband must sincerely apologize to the people he has humiliated that night and he should avoid drinking way too much. Look what it caused him to do, he's been saying awful things because of his drunkenness.
Working...
X