All for nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All for nothing

You have someone who you constantly talk to and go out with, and you already have developed feelings for that person. You also think that he/she feels the same way towards you. That's why you want to confess but on the same day of your supposed confession, he/she introduced you to his/her new partner. Bottom line is that all the dates and the conversations that you both had were all for nothing. Because apparently, you are just a friend for him/her. How would you feel?

One thing's for sure, I will definitely be hurt. I became hopeful for nothing. What's good is that I wasn't able to confess yet.

Comment

• smilebaby
      smilebaby commented
      Editing a comment
      At least you did not confess to him or you will be badly hurt to hear things from him that he does NOT really like you.

• hulagirlsexsexyum
      hulagirlsexsexyum commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with both of you, well, sometimes we get confused about how we feel towards people who show us acts of kindness. Well, at least it's our chance to look for someone new and let us not waste our time feeling sad about what had happened.

• Snugglebear
      Snugglebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the feeling would be so bad that I was wrong. But, then, I should still be happy as I did not make a confession yet, so he had not known the most important thing.

You should be responsible for your feelings towards him, you've assumed that he's feeling the same way towards you. I know that clearly it is not your fault but he should've at least told you that he's just a nice person and you have fallen for him because of his kind gestures towards you.

Comment

• Saltinte
      Saltinte commented
      Editing a comment
      Tastype you are right, sometimes we could easily fall for people who show even the slightest bit of kindness to us. We often forget that they treat others the same way too, it is in their nature to be sweet and all that.

• H3r3foryou
      H3r3foryou commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't agree more to both of you Tastype & Saltinte. We should be careful with our emotions towards people who treat us kindly. It's not that they treat you like you're something special but it is their way of how they treat others as well.

• fallinlove
      fallinlove commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoa! Wait! Why would he tell her? Tell her about what? They were on the different lines of thoughts.

That is the effect of assuming too much. How many times have you done such a thing? Sometimes, we need to withhold our confessions. Why do we need that we do the confessions? I think that it is better that we should wait for the man to state the things and not the other way around.

Comment

• AmazeAlive
      AmazeAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      Let's just be glad that she is so close to throwing herself out on the track, at least the revelation came out before she would confess immediately, right?

• Infomarry
      Infomarry commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, sometimes it's okay to keep it to ourselves if we feel like we're starting to develop feelings towards them. Soon after you'll get over it, if only it were that easy.

At least, you have not made your confession yet. What if you made your confession minutes before the introduction of his girlfriend? That would have been too shameful. It would look like I would melt on the place where I was seated.

Comment

• Freew0man82
      Freew0man82 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, that would be a terrible sight to see. I might want to dissolve or let the ground swallow me whole if that ever happens to me too.

• cristel
      cristel commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh damn, that would be awkward, no, not only awkward but words cannot describe as to how I would really feel when that moment even happens to me. Oh well...I must prepare for it!

So, what could be the lessons what we could learn from here? I think that we should not expect things easily. It is not because we dated few times, then we would become lovers already.

Comment

• independentG
      independentG commented
      Editing a comment
      Noted, well I've been there before and I do not know why I haven't learned anything from the past. It is somewhat frustrating and I think that I'd never let my guard down this time.

• JoeyBaby
      JoeyBaby commented
      Editing a comment
      independentG You should be able to learn from your mistakes that way you will never end up getting hurt the same way again.

• Teanett
      Teanett commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it should be learned that we should not assume things. We should not have anything to think that it is so and so. We must always ask the things to have explicit answers.

Oh well, it looks like I'm stuck in the friend zone again. Well, I'd still be kind to her, I'll be happy for her if she's happy but it kinda hurts that I've fallen for her sweet gestures towards me. Well, her kindness must be her nature and I think now I completely understand.

Comment

• kittycat123
      kittycat123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't be too nice to her, she gave you heartaches she does not deserve your kindness anymore. Plus, she's already with someone new, I think it's time for you to look for someone new as well. So it's that you two should go on your separate ways.

• AngelsMountain
      AngelsMountain commented
      Editing a comment
      She must have been kind and could have been her true nature but how about you? Did you just assume something again?

• Tastyrese
      Tastyrese commented
      Editing a comment
      Really? You would be kind and happy to her? Most men whom I know would never do those kinds of good things after they were dumped.

So, it was all for nothing? Hold on, I'd pull him to the side and ask him what was that all for? I'd tell him that I thought that we had something already and where did he have the guts to introduce me as his friend to his NEW partner? I might even threaten him that I would tell everything to his partner the things about us that he even tried to hook up with me. Yes, I'm quite furious right now.

Comment

• kizliak
      kizliak commented
      Editing a comment
      Easy, it is proven that you are not his type and definitely not worth his time. What you must do is to move on, if it would make you feel any better, give him one solid slap and just walk away.

Then what were all those things for? I was just a friend to her? Wow, that would seriously hurt me, but if that's how she likes it, I'd walk away and she will never see me again. What a nice thing she has done, she made me a fool in front of her new lover thinking that I was the one that she likes when it's not.

Comment

• lovestudder
      lovestudder commented
      Editing a comment
      She does not deserve you and clearly, you do not deserve her as well. How is it that she made you feel special then one day she will introduce to you to her lover as her 'friend'? That's tragic.

We should keep our silence, and then the men do the confessions. In that way, we would not be ashamed when a time comes that we interpreted it in a wrong way.

Comment

• W3tThet1p
      W3tThet1p commented
      Editing a comment
      This could be done most of the time. It is applicable to most of us. I am not saying that we should always wait for a man to do it, but we should wait most of the time.

I would feel so bad because I had thought that he was into me. Again, I assumed again and that made me a failure for thinking of something which was not correct. Anyway, that's life. It could happen to anyone, most specially the foolish ones.

Comment

• Alivens
      Alivens commented
      Editing a comment
      DanniMoon the best thing you can do is start avoiding him so you will no longer have feelings for him. Soon you'll get to meet the person that is right for you and you'll never regret why he didn't choose you in the first place.

The question is: Is it proper for a woman to confess her feelings first? I guess that men should do it first, right?

Comment

• rumdrum
      rumdrum commented
      Editing a comment
      demoomed A woman should be okay confessing how she really feels, why the need to stop her? She's just being open and I think it's better for a woman to speak what's on her mind so that she will be understood, right?

You went out together because you were just friends. It so happened that you interpreted something else which was out of line. Whose error was it? You, right? Now, would you like to assume for other things, as well? How about assume that he would change his views for you? Nah! Do not assume. Lol.

Comment

• KenjiNephew
      KenjiNephew commented
      Editing a comment
      There's no need for that already, she should start moving on so it would be little less painful for her to bear during the process.

• SandyDempsey
      SandyDempsey commented
      Editing a comment
      It's better to help a person instead of pointing fingers at someone to blame. That's a childish act. If you're willing to help, just help, no one needs to point out mistakes. We don't need that negativity in our lives anymore.

Just think that you are friends with him. That friendship could blossom into something else. You do not know what the future holds. I think the future would be grim as he would be married to someone else other than you. Lol.

Comment

• PrincessGail
      PrincessGail commented
      Editing a comment
      It's her choice if she still wants to be friends with him. If that were me, I think being friends with him would be okay, it doesn't matter. I will get over the fact that he's already taken and we'll be really great friends. Friendship could be long-lasting than relationships anyway.

Sometimes, we should not believe on our feelings easily as our feelings could also deceive us. There are moments when we should use our rational thoughts.

Comment

• melaniamania
      melaniamania commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope that my feelings are blind too. It's best to not be blinded for the things we see and feel because, in the end, it will all leave us hurt and would make us look likes fools. We do not deserve that, what we must do is to learn from this and never do the same mistakes again.
Working...
X