Becoming emotionally attached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming emotionally attached

So, my bestfriend had a one-night stand with her guy friend. Then a few days after, he asked her to hang out and go grab some dinner. Right after dinner, they went back to her place and the sex had happened again. My bestfriend told me that she had developed feelings for him during the first one night stand and now, she's confused already. She's aware that he only likes her because he says that she's great in bed and she says that he's sweet and genuine to her during their pillowtalks. She actually wants him to take her seriously. Now, I know some people like her sometimes end up becoming easily and emotionally attached with someone she's ever fucked with especially when they showed motives or their true side during those sex. My question is how can we help people like her?

Listening to her would be a good help. It is for her to release whatever tensions that she has inside her. Going out to eat and have a drink would also be a good idea to lessen out whatever pain that she has inside her.

Comment

• OreoEater789
      OreoEater789 commented
      Editing a comment
      Take some time to listen to her, even if you cannot give her proper advice, all she needs is a lending ear and a shoulder to cry on.

• goodlove
      goodlove commented
      Editing a comment
      Going out to drink could help temporarily. What happens after the drink out? You would have a hangover. After the hangover, the pain would still be there. But do not worry as the pain would subside over time.

• sexualdepth
      sexualdepth commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the best things that we could have is to listen. Listening is like having sympathy with your friend.

She should cry it out. That is the best thing to do. Let all the pain be released through crying. After crying out loud, she could get up once again and do the usual things that she does. The world revolves around but it does not wait for anyone.

Comment

• sexsexgirlnowme
      sexsexgirlnowme commented
      Editing a comment
      Crying has some the****utic effects on our feelings. It helps us get by with the pain that we feel. Yes, they say that crying is good.

• H3r3foryou
      H3r3foryou commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes crying does help make us release the sadness out of us. We should let our emotions flow because it helps us become better right after. If not, well, I guess sometimes it is okay NOT to be okay. Soon, things will get better and YOU will get better.

If she's too emotionally unstable, I hope she should seek some professional help already. Maybe she's been through a lot and we don't know exactly what it is, or just maybe she should take some break from love and hooking up.

Comment

• InsightChic
      InsightChic commented
      Editing a comment
      Taking a break from hooking up is a good idea. Have some rest for a while. It would do wonders.

• JoeyBaby
      JoeyBaby commented
      Editing a comment
      She's been dealing with a lot of stuff in her head, I guess it's time that she should seek professional help if it's not only emotionally unstable but also her mentality is also unstabled.

Why are we easy to fall in love? I remember something. They say that we should keep some love for ourselves so that when the person that we love leaves us then it would not be too much to bear.

Comment

• pamela76
      pamela76 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are absolutely right about that. We shouldn't pour all of our love to just one person especially if there's no guarantee that they are like that to us. We should start knowing the concepts of self-worth and self-love. In that way, we won't be attached to people easily.

• scrumptious1
      scrumptious1 commented
      Editing a comment
      That idea may be right, but I think that I had read somewhere that when we fall in love, we should give our all. That is, we should love with all of our heart.

I don't think that anyone else can help your best friend aside from herself. She needs to realize that one-night stands should never ever involve feelings. And that should have been clear before she even involves herself to one-night stands.

Comment

• independentG
      independentG commented
      Editing a comment
      I think she will learn her lesson this time. There's always a chance for her to change her ways and this time I can feel that she will change for the better, and for herself. She does not deserve those kinds of heartaches from anyone.

• Infomarry
      Infomarry commented
      Editing a comment
      It's best if she does not engage herself to those one-night stands anymore. She should give herself a break and do something that would distract her from people who are out there trying to take advantage of her.

The only way that we can help people like that is through showing them that we support them in everything and that we are always there for them no matter what. Moral and emotional support are what they need in situations like that.

Comment

• Saltinte
      Saltinte commented
      Editing a comment
      Be their support system, it is nice to have friends you can be open to. Let them lay all their problems on you and just listen to them dearly.

• kittycat123
      kittycat123 commented
      Editing a comment
      What else can we do to change her ways? LEt's just understand her situation that she's always emotionally attached but she should also avoid herself from getting help. What I'm saying is that she should help herself as well before other people might even help her. She should know that.

So sad that your best friend became emotionally attached with that guy. But what I can say is that you should tell your best friend that she deserves someone better than him. So she needs to stop her feelings for the guy.

Comment

• smilebaby
      smilebaby commented
      Editing a comment
      She will figure that out for sure and she will soon get over him. I know that he's unaware of her being emotionally unstable but at least it's all over them, before things would have got worst.

• cristel
      cristel commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right RachelSiryn, she should convince her that he is not the only guy on this planet. He could be out there and she should give herself a chance to move on completely over with that douchebag!

Okay, for hookups, do not get attached. That is the simple rule. If you break that rule, you would suffer the consequences. Anyway, you could not do anything as the man does not really like you. You could not force someone you like to like you back, could you?

Comment

• Freew0man82
      Freew0man82 commented
      Editing a comment
      Her emotions aren't stabled so we cannot blame her for becoming too attached to her hookup. Well, she will soon get over it and I hope that everything goes well for her.

Hookups are just hookups. It could last for a long time when that person becomes your friend. Yes, if you have become friends with benefits, then you could have casual sex with each other without any issues. Anyway, we should not fall in love with a person just quickly as possible.

Comment

• Tastype
      Tastype commented
      Editing a comment
      I think she should avoid guys for the meantime, she's been badly hurt and we cannot blame her for becoming too emotionally attached with a guy who she does not consider as a hookup. Sure, there might be something that the guy has told her that made her feel secure around him, but it turns out that he only wants her for sex and nothing serious at all.

We can help someone like her through telling her that her life would be better if the guy is out of her life. In order to stop the emotional attachment that she feels, she should refrain from seeing the guy.

Comment

• Hugurerbe
      Hugurerbe commented
      Editing a comment
      Emotional attachments would fade over time through not feeding that feeling. When you do not sustain the feeling, it would go away as time passes by.

• hameroon27
      hameroon27 commented
      Editing a comment
      It would take a lot of time and patience to get her back up on her feet. She shouldn't be wallowing herself to sadness and start doing something more productive in her life. Well, it's easy for us to say that but she might be needing some more support from friends and families as well.

Is it even possible that we would feel love on the first day that we saw the person? I think that love develops over time. What I do know is that we could like the people on the first that we saw them.

Comment

• hulagirlsexsexyum
      hulagirlsexsexyum commented
      Editing a comment
      It is possible to fall for the person for the very first time around. Why? It's that they often mistake their kindness to something more. They would think that they are showing motives already which is not but well, that's just how things work for their own thinking. I cannot judge them for being like that but I'd say that they should be more careful next time.

Wait, what was the emotion? Love or lust? She should know the difference of it. Would you learn to love someone after sex?

Comment

• AmazeAlive
      AmazeAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      That was too deep, I think that she felt love while the man just had pure lust towards her, we cannot blame him. Most men would feel lust towards women and he should feel bad about that for himself as well.

• VaginalDestruction
      VaginalDestruction commented
      Editing a comment
      It's always lust when it comes to men, it is easy to tell that you love a woman but the truth is that it is only lust. It's in our stupid nature and yes I am ashamed of it, really.

Why do we fall in love so easily? Is there a reason for that one? Anyway, I think that there are just some people who fall in love that quickly.

Comment

Do they usually provide their true side during sex? How come and how would you know if what they showed were the real ones?

Comment

Working...
      X