The Almost Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Almost Relationship

Has any of you been in an almost relationship before? Like the two of you are into each other and spend most of the time together and the only thing missing was that one of you would say that the two of you are already a couple

Never been in that situation before because I often ask the guy after a few dates. Just wanted to be sure that I don't end up assuming where this is headed in

Comment

• kittycat123
      kittycat123 commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you ask it? Is it like: "Are we already on?"

• Airglax
      Airglax commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. It would be better to know the right status immediately. I just hate hanging status.

• LoveYumTasty
      LoveYumTasty commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. We must know where we are heading for. If the end is anticipated as not good, then time to cut it of as not to waste any time.

There was this friend of mine who mistook my friendliness as romantic feelings for him. We ended up not talking to each other for a couple of years when I told him that I don't have any romantic feelings for him

Comment

• lovestudder
      lovestudder commented
      Editing a comment
      After few years, have you become friends again or did the friendship end for good?

• Movievestre
      Movievestre commented
      Editing a comment
      Why are some people get too assuming? And why are some people, and that includes you fallinlove, give some false hope? Why? I just hate these kinds of people.

• Houservit
      Houservit commented
      Editing a comment
      Do not provide wrong impressions. As simple as that. Some people could get hurt because we showed a different thing.

I think that most of us have been in that situation at least once. And the situation that you're talking about is one of the most common tropes of rom-coms or teen flicks

Comment

• OreoEater789
      OreoEater789 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's coincidental for me since some of my past experiences were an almost-relationship as well.

• XYZKate
      XYZKate commented
      Editing a comment
      How unfortunate of you guys, I can sense that if an almost-relationship is about to happen. I can get out of that situation so I can save myself from misery.

Yes. There was this near-boyfriend. I called it as a near-boyfriend because the only thing that was missing was the declaration that we are officially on. Then, a tragedy struck. In a freeway, a speeding car bumped his car and he passed away. So sad. I feel sad now as I remember him with this post.

Comment

• independentG
      independentG commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you regret that you were not able to say yes to him before he died?

• Aloha91
      Aloha91 commented
      Editing a comment
      When did this thing actually happened? Hope that you've truly moved on from that situation

Oh, yeah, I remember that man. We could have been a couple if not for the "friend" who stole him from me. Well, we both like the man at that time.

Comment

• fashiones12
      fashiones12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure that she stole him from you? Maybe you're playing hard to get with him that's why he decided to go out with your friend instead

• JoeyBaby
      JoeyBaby commented
      Editing a comment
      What kind of a friend is to be considering? Well, there are plenty of guys out there.

The only time that I've been in that situation was with an old coworker. We got close immediately and the reason why we didn't take it seriously is because he's more into open relationships

Comment

• scrumptious1
      scrumptious1 commented
      Editing a comment
      No wonder why he was close to you. He wanted to add you on his list.

This is actually a bad thing as there is no proper label into it. It could even be that only one person was expecting to have the relationship while the other person was not thinking into it seriously.

Comment

• surfsup
      surfsup commented
      Editing a comment
      Been there, done that. It's bullshit when we fall for someone who does not reciprocate us the same things we have for them. Oh well...

I'm in that situation right now, most would assume that my friend and I were a couple. It's pressuring for the both of us, I considered ending it anyway since I didn't sign up to be his forever fuckbuddy. I want us to be official but he doesn't want it that way, so I guess I have to end it there and look for someone who can take me seriously.

Comment

• cutestman
      cutestman commented
      Editing a comment
      Were you able to clarify it to him in the first place? Maybe he was just considering that a fuckbuddy like you might end up being his girlfriend. Can you no longer wait for him to have the right moment for that to happen?

We've all been there, don't we all? Almost relationships when you assume that you two have something serious. Turns out that you're just caught up with the moments that you both have when you're together.

Comment

Yes, there have been a few. The one that I always remember was with the one who moved to another country

Comment

Working...
      X